• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How hard are level 9 CPU's for you?

How many can you kill a per match on average?

Votes: 29 13.2%

Votes: 99 45.2%

Votes: 50 22.8%
  • 4+

Votes: 41 18.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
I find the Lvl.9's interesting too. The one's with counters can be terrible, but all up, CPU charizard is the most obnoxious dragon you will ever come across! I find though that the item-throwing glitch from Smash 64's back; when the CPU's get an item they sometimes immediately throw it downwards and blow themselves up! :facepalm:

But overall, I find if I am in a match with 3 Lvl.9 CPUs, two stocks each, I survive by spam-dodging with kirby! :awesome:

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
glad someone else noticed this. they are better to train against now, still not a replacement for human players though.
What about amiibo? I gather a fully self-trained amiibo would be a good practice opponent, since they're desgined to copy your fighting tactic... :grin: Any insight into this would be great, I've been studying amiibo very closely, despite not hvaing one... :grin:

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
How to beat level 9 CPUs:

Step 1. Pick Charizard

Step 2. Use Custom Move: Fireball Cannon

Step 3. Set lvl 9 CPU of Choice

Step 4. Start Match

Step 5. Tape down your B Button

Step 6. Let CPU take 999% Damage

Step 7. Question what you're doing with your life :tired:

:006:
"Step 5. Tape down your B Button

Step 6. Let CPU take 999% Damage"
:grin: :grin: :grin:

Aheavypyro

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5301-1225-0176
Level 9. CPU's are generally decent to fight up against. However, whenever I turn customs on, they seem to be one of the most difficult AI on the planet. Though that could be me leaving the CPU icon at random.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
What about amiibo? I gather a fully self-trained amiibo would be a good practice opponent, since they're desgined to copy your fighting tactic... :grin: Any insight into this would be great, I've been studying amiibo very closely, despite not hvaing one... :grin:
I think you may need an amiibo if you're going to study it as that is not exactly right. I'll admit an amiibo may be decent, but far from being the best option for practice. Mostly because they will perfect shield as they learn about you. They can't copy your tactics to the fullest and some may be completely different. They might be able to copy a couple combos but nothing really advanced.

It's better to play with a friend who plays smash (sadly I don't have one so amiibos are my only option :/) as it's better to have mind games with the human opponent rather than an amiibo who knows what you will do unless you completely change your tactics and will probably perfect shield its problems away. I should also mention that amiibos have stronger attack and defense than a normal player at level 50 even without being fed equipment.

Take a look with my Doc. One of my best,
And then he gets 2 stocked (will give props to getting a smart kill)
And as you can see, he is pretty buff. To a point where feeding him more will make him worse. He has the same stats as in those 2 videos. Over 110 attack, 16 defense, 3 speed along with those special effects, and still can't top a human player. Any unfed amiibo will absolutely get crushed by him HOWEVER, I believe the unfed amiibos are more aggressive and move more often than an powerhouse amiibo like my doc.
So this is fire mario, my best unfed amiibo
Really, he still gets wrecked by my doc but you can see that this mario moves a lot more than doc (and it's not just because doc is slower because my other mario amiibo is fed like my dr. Mario)

Anyway, I think you get the point. They can be decent for practice, but it would be highly recommend to have a friend who plays smash instead. For me, I try to make my amiibos the best against other amiibos so they should be more focused on amiibo competitions and I think they'll be better off as that(or for pulling fun stunts like a 1v7). They are definitely a lot better than a level 9 cpu. Now I don't want to sound like you should never use an amiibo, it just may be better playing against them for fun rather than relying on it to be your sparing partner.

Last edited:

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Level 9 CPU'scan pose quite a challenge for me. Long story short, in the six years I had Brawl, I only got a handful of characters accomplished on Intense.

Pathetic, I know.

SwordM13X24

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sword
3DS FC
4227-4395-5715
Lv 9 AI's still have many facets that can be exploit'd. All ya need is to know what can be exploit'd and then it's smooth sailin' from there.
Do I even have to mention stuff like "Luigi wins by doin' absolutely nothin'"?

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
Lv 9 AI's still have many facets that can be exploit'd. All ya need is to know what can be exploit'd and then it's smooth sailin' from there.
Do I even have to mention stuff like "Luigi wins by doin' absolutely nothin'"?
I actually saw that youtube clip, that was good! Ah, Melee glitches... ;)

MalcolmFlex

Smash Cadet
Depends who I use; for some reason level 9s don't counter or seem to want to dodge Ness' PK Thunder, so in that scenario I can beat down 3 in a 1vs3 handicapped match. If I use a more tactical character, such as Little Mac or Toon Link, I can beat around 1-2 on average.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can destroy level 9s now, but I do have to play skillfully. I find it actually not very enjoyable to play anything above 7. It feels too cheapish with the read inputs.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Really hard because I suck ass at Smash. Even level 7's give me trouble depending on who I use.

T

Trick or Treat

Level 9 CPUs are...really easy. Maybe I'm just used to fighting them because since Smash 64 I would ONLY ever use level 9s, and they really aren't that hard at all. The annoying ones are the ones with Counters but they only pose a threat if there are multiple ones against you.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
Level 9's are aight if I'm gonna see where there are openings in my approaches, because holy perfect shields and dodges, Batman!

9's are a blessing after dealing with max-level amiibo.

Last edited:

11volt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MasterHector
3DS FC
3308-4758-8536
Switch FC
SW-6893-8714-9974
User was warned for this post
I was playing Fox once and a level 9 CPU Roy power-shielded every single hit of my rapid jab, then did that damn glitch thing with the up-b that kills you at like 10%...

Dar4

Smash Apprentice
Level 9's are easy if you cheese them. But I always fight them honestly, I don't see the point in cheesing them. Doesn't help you get better. You can easily cheese them if you spam projectiles and run away. They don't know how to deal with getting camped. They also don't adapt obviously, so you can do cheesy stuff like spam Wario's bike and beat them.

If I cheese them I don't hardly ever lose. Fighting them honestly though, I seem to win about 75% of the time with my main.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom