• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Gyro Physics have carried over from Brawl.

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
As many of you may already know, the knockback inflicted by ROB's gyro is directly effected by the driection ROB is facing when thrown. This is showcased very well and in-detail on MisterEric's ROBotic Meta:

I was curious as to how this has changed/remained the same in Smash 4. I found that the same rules of knockback still apply! Here are 2 examples using the Wii U version of the game:

Dropping the gyro-

Bouncing the gyro off of a wall-

This may not be the biggest contribution, as it was already discovered in Brawl, but hey, I think it's at least worth noting that the mechanic remains the same. If any of you notice any differences that I didn't catch, please let us know here!

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Yeah as far as I can tell, it all carries over. Dmg, toss speeds, and lasting times have changed. I think @GwJ detailed that here:
http://smashboards.com/threads/gwjs-findings.382246/#post-18190689

I am sure there's more to uncover. The stuff I wonder about atm is whether ROB can bounce gyro's off the stage and catch them in similar fashion as shown in the video I provided.

Last edited:

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
The stuff I wonder about atm is whether ROB can bounce gyro's off the stage and catch them in similar fashion as shown in the video I provided.
Just gave this some testing. It IS possible, but quite different from dribbling in Brawl. You have to throw the gyro into the stage, then immediately jump -> aerial attack or dodge to catch it. After all that you're out of jumps and have to recover with up special. Not nearly as useful, but good to know how to do I suppose.

Top Bottom