• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How good is my Pika?

D. Disciple

Smash Master
You use thunder too much, do not spam the thunder like that especially the first match. Since there were a lot of times you missed with the thunder I could see Luigi come in and punishing it for you easily, I can see any character just walk up to you and punishing you easily for that.

Not bad on handling the luigi though, but on the Pokemon Stadium stage you should spam jolts more often to interrupt Luigi's flow, force him to jump in the air, and stay under him and keep hitting him with uairs. I like to play hit and run in that kind of situation and especially on that stage.

Volt Tackle

Smash Cadet
Under normal circumstances, don't use thunder. It's fine when you're going for the kill right after an up-smash, but if you're going to try that then you're going to need to get better at aiming it.

I noticed you edgeguarding with a lot of weird stuff, namely thunderjolt and thunder. Especially against someone with an abusable recovery like Luigi, don't be afraid to jump out with a nair or tailspike.

Correct me if Im wrong, but I didn't see you use any shuffled moves. Pikas short hop is somewhat difficult, but its worth learning how to do consistantly.

Don't use dash attack. There's a lot of lag if you miss, and it's just an all around bad move.

Don't smash so much.

EDIT: I just watched the second vid. Try to sweetspot the edge with quick attack when you recover. As Im sure you know, if you quick attack into the stage, you leave yourself very open to attack because of the horrible lag.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I know I used Thunder waaaaaay to much in the first one. I never use thunder, really. I guess I was just nervous.

pdk

Smash Lord
you have SHFFL for a reason

and you should've used ashterry-chu so you could go POWA GEEZA every time

DaFlameking

Smash Cadet
ya the first match was too many thunders. its not a bad move but its only for use whenever the person is a slow faller and they're considerably high. especially dont use it in the air cuz i saw how you lost your first life. they used to happened to me all the time.

use jolts only from a far and approach your enemy while the jolts are coming to them. this way you can grab them if they shield the jolts or if they dont shield, the jolts will stun them and give you an attack.

oh at 1:41 in the first video, try to do down smash whenever your opponents are off the cliff and trying to come back. most of the time it hits them as they are approaching or touching the ledge slightly and will spike them (yes spike them)

L cancel down air whenever you use it. you'll be surprised and do more tail juggling instead of juggle, juggle and thunder.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I've been trying my best to tail juggle, but getting the timing right is a *****. Thats also why I can't Uair spike.

Top Bottom