• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Farore's Wind works in Project M 3.5/3.6

Miryafa

Smash Apprentice
In case any new players to Zelda are confused/curious. I apologize for the mediocre oration. Let me know if I made any mistakes.

Last edited:

4tlas

Smash Lord
In case any new players to Zelda are confused/curious. I apologize for the mediocre oration. Let me know if I made any mistakes.

3 things you left out: you can shorten an "onstage telesnap" in 3.6 to achieve very similar results to the 3.5 onstage telesnap, the starting spin can grab ledges, and you cannot teleport downwards through moving platforms even if starting on it. I also know that you couldn't onstage telesnap in 3.5 if you started on the ground, but I don't know if it works in 3.6 yet. Try from Skyworld's outer platforms.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Very well done! A couple things I can think of that are worth mentioning...

1. You can only turnaround with Telecancel with the ground-to-ground teleport (platforms count as ground). You cannot turn around with air-to-ground, ground-to-air, or air-to-air

2. As 4tlas mentioned, the beginning of Farore's can be used to grab the ledge

3. As 4tlas mentioned, you can shorten a teleport to "snap to ledge"

4. Both #3 and your method of doing a full-distance teleport will leave you vulnerable for a frame before grabbing the ledge, whereas the normal telesnap (that you can still do from offstage) immediately grabs the ledge with invincibility

5. Clarification point: the order of least to most endlag on teleport, not counting ledge-cancelling is...
a) ground-to-ground shorten
b) air-to-ground shorten
c) anywhere-to-ground no shorten
d) anywhere-to-air shorten and anywhere-to-air non-shorten

Last edited:

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
Also, a fun little note is that, because a platform-to-ground telecancel is considered a grounded telecancel, you can reverse the direction you are facing upon reappearance. So, for instance, you can do a diagonal telecancel from the platform to the ground and reverse the direction you are facing, something that can normally not be done with a simple grounded telecancel. Vice Versa holds true as well.

Although you gain little to no distance, the mere fact that you can do such a thing means you can do platform cancel mindgames to a reverse telecancel -> grab or any attack with very low end lag. It's so good.

Last edited:

Miryafa

Smash Apprentice
Thanks guys. There's enough corrections that I feel like I ought to remake video. But in the meantime I've attached the corrections as annotations.

Last edited:

WhiteCrow

Smash Journeyman
Good to see a practical tutorial for our princess. I was actually working on a series of tutorials for her special moves and I'm glad our formats/content aren't identical.

Top Bottom