• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how does the smash bot infinite combo marth and sheik?

ramz zeus

Smash Rookie
https://youtu.be/o1bfQWy8o08 48:40

i know you can infinite combo characters like peach and falcon by jc shine turn around wavedash but this method doesn't work vs marth sheik samous when they di out.So how does he do it do they just have bad di?

Last edited:

Pauer

The Pauerful
I'm pretty certain the infinite should be guaranteed against sheik and marth with JC shine. I remember Kadano having posted about that infinite against Marth somewhere and the infinite against Sheik is much easier in comparison. Now I don't know whether there is some TAS-level smash-DI you could do to get out but I think the conclusion of Kadano's post was that a human Marth probably shouldn't be able to escape the infinite iirc. No idea about Samus.

Dr3amSm4sher

Smash Cadet
https://youtu.be/o1bfQWy8o08 48:40

i know you can infinite combo characters like peach and falcon by jc shine turn around wavedash but this method doesn't work vs marth sheik samous when they di out.So how does he do it do they just have bad di?
Oh he is using 2 super crazy frame perfect fox techniques. They aren't doable on human hands besides on box controllers or your hands would explode. Like no joke. Please stay away from these.

But the first one he is using is pivot shine. In you dash dance if you think you won't be able to combo that well after a dash JC shine (it stops you dash momentum and you have to wait 2 frames more (to land before you can sh out of shine)so it makes it harder to follow up) you can instead pivot and shine on the next frame. (you can do pivot down b) So then you don't have the 2 frame penalty to land. But then you have to learn to wavedash out of pivot shine....with out turning around..... and do that frame perfect....

The second is actually much simpler but actually so much harder. He's doing frame perfect running shine. Fox's dash isn't that long (only 11 actual frames of dash before run) so he can run and do shine out of that in much tighter spaces than you think. (pretty much in the space it takes fox to wavedash) The issue with this technique is he is doing frame perfect shines out of run. That means he doesn't go into crouch at all. Just straight into shine.... from running. The difficulty in this is that crouch pretty much starts at the shield drop notch. But down b doesn't start till closer to the middle. So you have to skip over that early crouch region and go only into full down. But then also press b on the same frame. if you miss this frame you will be stuck in runbrake and 1 frame of crouch before you can shine. It amazing if you can do it but don't destroy your hands going for it.

Top Bottom