• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does the database store our votes?

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
That bit of Kentucky that has fried chicken.
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
I've heard people say, and I've even said it, but they only want each person to vote once.

I've actually created a site that takes votes without a login, and in it, when someone votes, their IP address is used as a handle for that vote, and if the same IP address votes again, it is overwritten.

But I don't think we don't actually KNOW how the Smash Ballot handles this.
It could do as I just described, only keeping the most recent vote made from a given IP address.
It might throw out votes that come from an existing IP address that has already given a vote, and just not telling us, essentially making your first vote be your final vote.
It might actually store every vote we make, considering it doesn't say to only vote once, but to please only vote once.
It might be by a limit of 1 vote per day... or although I've never seen anything but per day before, but 1 per week? 1 per month?

How can we know? Is there anything that we can truly assume?

Top Bottom