• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does PM Bowser compare to Smash 4 bowser?

Mestizo

Smash Rookie
Hi All,
I recently got back into the Smash scene after more than 10 years of being away due to Smash 4 coming out. I used to use Bowser in melee way back in the day, and now I'm loving him in Smash 4.

I'm going to start playing PM with the local community soon and figured I would stick with Bowser, how does he compare with Smash 4 Bowser? I started looking through his moves hitboxes, it's a bit intimidating the amount of information, a lot of his moves in PM have armor it sounds like?

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
He's actually vastly different in Smash 4 than in PM. I'm only playing both because it is my duty.

Lol. He has a lot of armor but it's gimmicky for the most part. I wouldn't count on the armor to help you while playing. Play smart and use it right.

Most high level players aren't going to recklessly charge you/get boofed by the armor frames. Also PM's a lot more fast paced so you'll have to think on your toes.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
I'd recommend against playing both - they're rather different characters with the potential to confuse you into playing them the same way.

RecklessGreen

Smash Rookie
Well for one thing, Bowser in SSB4 is a lot faster and isn't punished easily for Fairs. The only downside is that he lost some of his super armor in SSB4. But overall, he's gotten much better in SSB4. Those side b grabs can mean instant win if he goes outside the stage.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Smash 4 Bowser is better but PM bowser is cooler.

Edit: the cooler thing is subjective and an opinion. Better is more factual and arguable

Last edited:
Top Bottom