• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does Online Team Smash work in terms of how you're teamed up with the others in the lobby?

themagpieswarble

Smash Rookie
My friend and I sometimes play at the same time and try to get in the same Team Smash lobby. We started tracking how often we're paired up together on the same team. Last night, we played 15 games and we were paired together 3 times. The other night, we played for two hours straight and were paired up 3 times.

We even tried un-friending eachother to see if that would affect how often we were paired up but it didn't seem to matter. So, maybe Nintendo does it by your location? If you both live in the same city does Nintendo's match-making system assume you know each other and then not pair you together as often?

Is there some other rule or obvious thing I'm missing for how they "randomly" choose teams in Team Smash online?

Thanks!

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
I'm only guessing but it's either random or it's partially decided by your color. Sometimes I will be constantly paired with this bad teammate over and over. Then I would decide to swap my color from red to blue, and then all of a sudden, I'm not on the red team anymore. But could just easily be coincidence.

Top Bottom