• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does one combo?

YoungSirJ0ey

Smash Rookie
So I'm pretty new to taking this game seriously. I'm trying to main Corrin, but I am horrible at combos with her. Him. It. Anyway, I think a major part of my inability to combo is that I primarily play on 3DS, where I am physically incapable of fast-falling aerials, so if anyone could give tips on that, it'd be nice, but just generally, what should I be doing to combo?

Odd_0ne

Smash Cadet
NNID
MusicHero64
3DS FC
4124-5828-2172
Sword Characters don't have LOTS of combos like sheik or Mario. They mainly have strings so, you shouldn't worry too much when it comes to corrin's aerial combo game since your on 3ds. Just focus on stringing your fairs/nairs to your upairs and bairs also focus on juggling and early percent tilt combos(dtilt to uptilt for example). Hope I helped a bit

DMan64

Smash Cadet
Generally speaking, with Corrin you don't want to focus on combos. You should focus on covering landings, ledge options, and keeping your opponent in the air for juggling. In other words, just keep them in a bad situation and rack up damage that way. If you happen to get a combo, great, but don't over extend, otherwise Corrin could end up in a bad situation. If you want to improve your combo game though, you need to identify your opponents habits, and know exactly what Corrin is about as a character.

If you wish to improve your combo game with Corrin, try to utilize d-tilt in neutral more, and go for more tomahawks, since it'll condition your opponent to not shield as often. Also, you can go for a footstool with Corrin at certain percentages after you hit with a second fair, fast-fall with a Nair(be sure to follow the direction they fall), generally the percentage it works at best is from 10-50 depending on the character of course. I find hitting them with Nair first works better. It can rack up a ton of damage, but don't go for that to often as your opponent can catch on and it'll stop working at higher percentages.

Just remember though, Corrin isn't a combo character, and generally speaking, combos can only take a character and player so far if you don't know how to properly utilize the character.

Top Bottom