• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does one begin?

PMMikey

To be the best~
NNID
PMMikey
3DS FC
1478-6360-4387
Where do I even start? I know a lot about the game just I can't do any tech. Like I'm lvl 1. So how do I start using this birdman? Start with wave dashing, or shine?

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Don't start with shine stuff yet lmao. Learn the bread and butter of the game first: wavedash/waveland, dashdance, L cancel, DI, platform movement, how to recover, basic combo/neutral game and so on.

Play, implement this, have fun, and when you feel comfortable add something new to your play. :083:

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
If you you want super basics I'd say work on shffling(short hop fast fall L-canceling) ariels, get the timing right on L-cancels for falco, that's a good place to start.

PMMikey

To be the best~
NNID
PMMikey
3DS FC
1478-6360-4387
I'd like to keep bumping this thread so I can get more info since I never did look into Falco more.

CP Adagio

Smash Cadet
How 2 start:
-Ignore the thousands of tips these boards have given for beginner players over the course of 10 years

-Make a redundant thread to saturate these boards with even more of the same question and thus the same answers

-Be too lazy to read through the boards but somehow care enough to bump your own post in order to, again, receive the same answers from literally everybody

Top Bottom