• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does it feel, Mewtwo mains - how does it feel to have your main included?

misterbreadcrum

Smash Cadet
NNID
Misterbreadcrum
So how does it feel? Not like, how do you like Mewtwo at the moment, but how does it feel to know that he made it?

It must be pretty cool.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Feels great. Disappointed that he wasn't in Brawl 7 years ago, but now he made it in. Yahoo!

Last edited:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Wish I could try him, but still very hyped. :p

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Like winning the lottery. I mean seriously, what were the odds that they would bring someone they took out back? Especially when the Mewtwo glory days (Pokemon movie 1) are far from over? Pokemon already had 5 reps. This is the best thing ever. Mewtwo was my main in Melee and he's the reason why I played Smash for so long, I even played Melee over Brawl and eventually Project M. Now Smash will once again be part of my regular daily routine like back in the Melee days. Maybe even participate in tourneys.

I'm happy. I'm absolutely happy. I don't care who else gets in, Mewtwo was always gonna be/has always been/will always be my main.

Roll-Spamming-Peasant

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MontyRattata
honestly, that moment of giddy nostalgia when he ended up controlling just like you remember him is enough to main him. I've said it in another thread, but the 14 year old muscle memory is kicking in surprisingly...I plan on making a montage soon...

godogod

Smash Ace
It's great.. But playing against a level 9 buffed lucina is hampering y experience.

I wish he was heavier. Its a real shame shadowball just can't be used in the air or I risk suiciding myself.

BigBossJelly

Smash Rookie
NNID
64supermario
3DS FC
0387-8778-1783
It feels like watching an old movie you watched as a kid, it seems a lot different than it used to be but it feels great to relive it again.

c-1

Smash Cadet
Its good. But he doesn't feel finished. Its like we were giving an early beta version of him. Plus the lack of customs.

misterbreadcrum

Smash Cadet
NNID
Misterbreadcrum
I actually think he's one of the most well developed fighters in the entire game - which makes sense considering he's almost 6 months post-release.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Well, happy he's here, but I realy disliked taht they nerfed his teleport. I'm so salty about it.

Still loves the tail whips.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
For the first time since the 50-Fact Extravaganza, I feel like I own the full game.

With Mewtwo, the roster feels complete. I haven't voted in the Smash Ballot, simply because I already have who I wanted all along. No other character could please me this much. I'd like Wolf and the Inklings, but Mewtwo's all I really ever cared about.

It's like I went to a favorite restaurant, and ordered my favorite banana split ice cream sundae. I wait patiently. The waitress brings it out, but... no bananas. I savor a few bites. It's good, but it's just not the same without the bananas! Eventually, the waitress brings out a sundae with the bananas included, trying to make it up to me. It's just as good as I remember. It's everything I ever wanted out of an ice cream sundae. But it's hard to wholeheartedly enjoy the banana split, now, as it would have been from the beginning. I haven't forgotten that utter disappointment, even though I'm grateful.

That's kind of how I feel.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I feel such hype right now that my download codes are here. Today is going to be awesome, the next wave of Blackrock Mountian is out and now i can finally play with Mewtwo. ^_^

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
It is, quite frankly, the **** having my old main back. I had to teach myself how to use him again, what with 8-9 years of separation and the number of changes to his moveset, but I'm starting to really feel the Reawakened Legend again. Definitely my top main (at least in friendlies, I'm admittedly better with R.O.B.). :4mewtwo:Psystrikes Back!

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm not a Mewtwo main, but it is great to see him return. I'm kind of sad, though, because I know in the next release, and I'm sure there will be another Smash after this, I don't think he's going to return. I'd honestly trade all the Pokemon in this game just to have Mewtwo. My expression was priceless yesterday because I could just not believe that he is now in this game. <3

godogod

Smash Ace
It feels great. I like that he's buffed and has his old moves back, but dissapointed that he's even lighter, his shadow ball has too much recoil in the air, and doesn't hurt while charged(oh well, would beat out charge shot if it did), and he doesn't have custom moves..

He's a glass canon. Powerful but fragile.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
It feels great. I like that he's buffed and has his old moves back, but dissapointed that he's even lighter, his shadow ball has too much recoil in the air, and doesn't hurt while charged(oh well, would beat out charge shot if it did), and he doesn't have custom moves..

He's a glass canon. Powerful but fragile.
I feel he could be a better glass canon. If they're going to make him very light, make him stronger. Otherwise, give him some weight and more range and some priority on his attacks.

Roll-Spamming-Peasant

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MontyRattata
I feel he could be a better glass canon. If they're going to make him very light, make him stronger. Otherwise, give him some weight and more range and some priority on his attacks.
Idk if it's just because of my experience with DI as Jigglypuff, but I'm living into the 150% range almost every stock...it surprises me people are still so worried about his weight being a real issue.

In other words: Mewtwo (in this game) is like playing Jigglypuff with Brass Knuckles on.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Idk if it's just because of my experience with DI as Jigglypuff, but I'm living into the 150% range almost every stock...it surprises me people are still so worried about his weight being a real issue.

In other words: Mewtwo (in this game) is like playing Jigglypuff with Brass Knuckles on.
I feel like Jigglypuff has safer approaches. She can move in and retreat her aerials, whereas Mewtwo really can't. While he is floaty, he hops higher and none of his aerials auto-cancel. At least with Jigglypuff, you don't have to worry if your aerials auto-cancel or not because the attack animation in the air ends most of the time before actually landing back on the ground.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I'm not a Mewtwo main, but it is great to see him return. I'm kind of sad, though, because I know in the next release, and I'm sure there will be another Smash after this, I don't think he's going to return. I'd honestly trade all the Pokemon in this game just to have Mewtwo. My expression was priceless yesterday because I could just not believe that he is now in this game. <3
I personally feel Mewtwo is here to stay. Remember, he was considered for every Smash game.

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
I personally feel Mewtwo is here to stay. Remember, he was considered for every Smash game.
Pretty much, so I wouldn't really worry about that. Back on topic, it feels absolutely wonderful to have him back. He was my most used in Melee and I've got a lot of catching up to do with him since it's been that long.

godogod

Smash Ace
Mewtwo in cruel mode is just awful. Just one smash attack and you're dead.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
When Smash 4 was out and Mewtwo wasn't in the game felt Incomplete for me, but now that he's in, I don't really care who makes it in later.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
"I'm really feeling it!" :4shulk::love::4mewtwo:

I really like the way Mewtwo is so much more fluid in this game~

back in the day I was inspired to pick up Mewtwo where my hardcore Pokemon friends had previously dropped him becuz of the legendary TAJ (some of you here may relate with me on this) I was determined to show them he was quite playable!

it was very difficult at first, I sucked with him for about a year :/ But I loved how unique he felt, and in this game he still feels that way but not as "limited". I dont know how to put it any other way than that .^ ^.

srn347

Smash Apprentice
As soon as I found out about mewtwo's official confirmation for smash 4, my first words were "nintendo, I take back half of everything bad I ever said about you". I still occasionally click mewtwo in melee thinking it's smash 4 (followed by wondering where all my hitboxes went).

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Ecstatic. I already have everyone I wanted in the game.

In the pre-Smash 4 days, even though I was hoping for Ike and Lucario to be back I was for some reason convinced that perhaps they wouldn't make it in, that perhaps they were merely one-hit wonders. And was I glad I was proven wrong.
And now with Mewtwo's return the cycle is complete. I am satisfied.

D

Deleted member

Back when i was just a young kiddo in Elementary school, i remember discussing Brawl with my long lost friend... :lucario: and:mewtwomelee:....
How unexpected that, in a future release he'd be back to battle. Even Miiverse miis are having great joy with:4mewtwo: vs. :4lucario:

Kyzael

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raiyn
3DS FC
0104-3086-6937
To be honest, I was more excited about :4lucas: than I was for :4mewtwo:, despite that I probably won't even play :4lucas:.

Him being in though adds in a new change of players who have been waiting and playing him I believe teaches one how to play a Defensive game, due to his light weight.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
For the first time since the 50-Fact Extravaganza, I feel like I own the full game.

With Mewtwo, the roster feels complete. I haven't voted in the Smash Ballot, simply because I already have who I wanted all along. No other character could please me this much. I'd like Wolf and the Inklings, but Mewtwo's all I really ever cared about.

It's like I went to a favorite restaurant, and ordered my favorite banana split ice cream sundae. I wait patiently. The waitress brings it out, but... no bananas. I savor a few bites. It's good, but it's just not the same without the bananas! Eventually, the waitress brings out a sundae with the bananas included, trying to make it up to me. It's just as good as I remember. It's everything I ever wanted out of an ice cream sundae. But it's hard to wholeheartedly enjoy the banana split, now, as it would have been from the beginning. I haven't forgotten that utter disappointment, even though I'm grateful.

Is the Waitresss hot?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Geez this is exactly how I feel.

But mostly I'm just happy he's finally in the game where he belongs. Things are right once again with the world.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
He's okay, I guess. It's gonna take sometime to get used to his floaty and super lightweight status. Haven't used him that much as a result until I figure out what to do with him.

Top Bottom