• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does Amsa camp the edge like this with eggs?

Liam Howard

Smash Rookie
Hi guys really new to melee and have given up on the top tiers and found the one true god. How does amsa camp the ledge like this it starts around 9:28 @ KOC4 vs M2K. Smashboards wouldnt let me post link :(

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
Yoshi is very powerful at the edge.
aMSa can spaam like that because he is consistent and adaptive. His ECE are fast enough to scare off even M2K, and when the opponent gets too close, he knows how to get off the edge. Yoshi can, even though his DJ looks slow both haxdash and waveland perfectly intangible for several frames. The only thing that he really can't do like other characters is ledgehop into aerial. That is too obvious and punishable.
Questions, Liam? :)

Pabmyster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pabmyster
I think he's asking how he actually performs the ECE (edge cancel egg). He does so by letting go of the edge, immediately double jumping, then throwing an egg again. When the egg animation comes out Yoshi can regrab the edge almost instantaneously, so he can repeat the process over and over with crazy-precise timing (obviously there is more to this down at the frame-data level, but that is the gist of it). His ECEs are godlike :) If you want to learn them, you can look here:http://smashboards.com/threads/some-yoshi-information.351635/ under the Ledge Data and Edgeguarding spoiler tab, courtesy of PerhapsMan.

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
It's called edge-cancelled eggs like those guys said. I had the exact same reaction when I first saw aMSa playing last year setting up the ledge artillery, it's harder than he makes it look, like everything he does. I still drop it accidentally often enough to scare me away from doing it in any matches I seriously want to win.

But if you've got aMSa level determination and love for Yoshisaur tech hit it bro.

Top Bottom