• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you tech in this game?

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
I notice ever since the game came out I cant seem to tech when i play online. Like Im pressing the botton right before I hit the ground and it usually doesnt do anything. Has the window of pressing tech changed ?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I notice ever since the game came out I cant seem to tech when i play online. Like Im pressing the botton right before I hit the ground and it usually doesnt do anything. Has the window of pressing tech changed ?
Hey there, nothing's drastically different about this mechanic in Ultimate compared to earlier iterations of Smash. The game does have a pretty high amount of input delay, meaning the amount of time between when you press buttons and those buttons occur in-game. I recommend just trying to hit it earlier next time you play; the window is a bit generous so you shouldn't worry as much about hitting it too early compared to hitting it too late when learning.

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
Hey there, nothing's drastically different about this mechanic in Ultimate compared to earlier iterations of Smash. The game does have a pretty high amount of input delay, meaning the amount of time between when you press buttons and those buttons occur in-game. I recommend just trying to hit it earlier next time you play; the window is a bit generous so you shouldn't worry as much about hitting it too early compared to hitting it too late when learning.
Thank you very much Badam

Top Bottom