• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do you shinespike as falco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepicsmasher06

Smash Rookie
hi, i know that falcos best move is lazer because its so fast and they cant do anything about it, but i always hear pros talking about the "shinespike." ive seen it done by foxes in tourney, but whenever i try to do it as falco, they go up instead of down. is falco just too terrible and low tier to shinespike? can marth shinespike?

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
hi, i know that falcos best move is lazer because its so fast and they cant do anything about it, but i always hear pros talking about the "shinespike." ive seen it done by foxes in tourney, but whenever i try to do it as falco, they go up instead of down. is falco just too terrible and low tier to shinespike? can marth shinespike?
Falco is actually such a garbage character that he can only shinespike Yoshi, and only out of his double jump. Honestly not sure how people have taken this character so far, it's not worth the effort.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
I heard Falco's phantom shine can spike, but I've never seen/done it myself

EDIT: After 16 hours of straight practice with falco, I have mastered his phantom shine and can now shine spike through every stage. I think falco has some potential

Last edited:

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
Falcos a low tier because of this. Every character in the game can shine spike except Falco. His shine is so useless, what's the point of sending the opponent up?

Last edited:

Berlin

Smash Rookie
Don't really understand the mockery to be honest, both moves are called shine and it's called shinespike. I can understand how that would be confusing for a new player that wants to learn.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
Don't really understand the mockery to be honest, both moves are called shine and it's called shinespike. I can understand how that would be confusing for a new player that wants to learn.
You're new, welcome to the boards.

Yes, we have trolls here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom