• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you put up with the bull****?

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I'm really curious on how you guys deal with the bs that this character comes with. I mean I love Dedede to death but my frustration levels go through the roof when having to deal with certain characters and their constant bs tools compared to us.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
I don't. Don't expect things to get any better.

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
A mix of both MU and his general lack of good moves.
Oh okay, well in that way, you kind of have to get a lot more comfortable with your spacing. As vague as that sounds, if you can't make whatever attempts your try for anything reliably safe, you're gonna have a hard time period. With any character. You have to get better with baiting because of his moves typically having long or slow start up. I got pretty close to takin a game off Hero of Time in tourney with D3. So, it's possible. He's a much better PM player than I am, so it shows that if you are well founded in all of your understanding of what your character can do, and can manage your moves well, you can either keep it close or win out against a larger pool of "BS" than you think. I've never played a link in tourney, so I was kinda playin it by ear. It's possible, but you have to be dedicated enough to stick it out. Your punish game needs to be on point too. Because, obviously, D3 doesn't get a lot of openings if you are playing someone that knows what they are doing.

Chef BoyarDedede

Smash Rookie
I think just really good spacing and zoning. And then just generally knowing and doing the best options, particularly with throws. making the most out of your hits, that kinda stuff.

Top Bottom