• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you practice your Mii Brawler?

lolreconlol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
boatv2
3DS FC
1934-1192-2911
I want to start playing with the Brawler, but them not being in FG is a bummer.. How do you guys practice? I want to get him up to a decent level before I introduce it to the weeklies..

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Smash Ladder is a great place where you can make matches and fight experienced players with no limitations on what character you can play (though I'm not sure about customs). Give it a try trust me you won't be disappointing.

http://www.smashladder.com/

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Was going to post exactly what Ridel did. You get a couple whiny people, but for the most part people are ok with playing against brawlers.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
If you're from North Jersey, Hitbox Arena has weeklies on Tuesdays that allow for customizable mii movesets. I would think they might be going full custom in the near future with the evo ruleset.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
I play Smash Ladder to practice - been going full Mii Brawler. I really haven't had anyone complain at all about Mii Brawler, actually alot of people ask me to play friendlies after and such since they don't get many Mii Brawler exp.

I don't have a problem practicing offline either, since it's pretty much tournament standard around Panama (and in Central America in general I think) that Guest Miis are allowed with 1111, 2222, 3333 loadouts. The only thing that I don't like about being a full Mii Brawler main is that international tournaments (like ones up in the US where I'd love to travel to) usually are more strict with Miis and different loadouts in general ):

But I really love Mii Brawler (I've gotten super used to Guest Mii) and I'll keep playing him/her till they allow it on a big scale. Unfortunately I'm not too fond of the 1111 setup but hey we all have to deal with this.

phili

Smash Apprentice
NNID
phili11
on smash ladder, are you allowed to use custom movesets for brawler? or do you have to stick to 1111? I couldn't find it anywhere in the site rules.

thanks in advance to anyone who answers this question

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
I don't really get a lot of time to practice them because of lack of miis on for glory and when I'm playing locally people just go
"EW mii brawler"
Then I get harassed until I change.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I use a combination of random level 9 CPUs and Amiibos to practice. Sadly, my internet sucks just enough to not have a 100% reliable connection during matches, and much like Waluigi above, people seem to be allergic to the Miis, in the same way they're allergic to custom moves.

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Against friends online or with lv 9's. The latter is more for boredom, though.

Doruge

Smash Journeyman
Miis are now banned on scrubladder so now we have to use nintendodojo...

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
That's essentially banned. You can thank me for that. I got into a pissing match with someone about it and anther added it to the rules. Really all he has to do is make a separate custom ladder and problem solved, but whatever.

Top Bottom