• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you play the ICs matchup?

Hail Storm

Smash Rookie
How exactly should one play Sheik as to not get grabbed ever? Should I primarily needle camp them if they are not approaching? Should I bait the shieldgrab? Ftilt -> Fair Nana at all times? Please help. (I said I wouldn't play Peach.)

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
Your signature indicates that you play five characters. Sheik is the worst of those five against IC's by a substantial margin so you should probably play any of the other ones.

If you must play Sheik, needle platform camping is effective only if you can shield drop. Fair on IC shield is good. Ftilt on IC shield is decent, since it tends to snipe all of their out of shield options. If you read an IC wavedash with ftilt you get a lot.

Practice combo'ing and killing Nana a lot so that when they come towards you you can launch them and easily kill Nana. Make sure your reward for hitting IC's is killing Nana, and the punish game will start to feel a lot less skewed. At that point you don't have to never ever get grabbed, you just have to win neutral a little more often than they do (it's not that much worse than other matchups).

Hail Storm

Smash Rookie
Your signature indicates that you play five characters. Sheik is the worst of those five against IC's by a substantial margin so you should probably play any of the other ones.

If you must play Sheik, needle platform camping is effective only if you can shield drop. Fair on IC shield is good. Ftilt on IC shield is decent, since it tends to snipe all of their out of shield options. If you read an IC wavedash with ftilt you get a lot.

Practice combo'ing and killing Nana a lot so that when they come towards you you can launch them and easily kill Nana. Make sure your reward for hitting IC's is killing Nana, and the punish game will start to feel a lot less skewed. At that point you don't have to never ever get grabbed, you just have to win neutral a little more often than they do (it's not that much worse than other matchups).
I probably agree on Sheik being the worst out of those. Marth can space pretty easily, I almost always get Side B -> Knee on Nana with Falcon, Peach is Peach, and Jiggs is Peach #2. I usually find Sheik the least fun matchup vs. ICs but I want to learn it. Thanks.

$alsa

Smash Cadet
NNID
itzall1848
Out of your five characters I think Peach actually has the best match up against ICs
Dunno about Falcon or Marth in the MU.

Top Bottom