• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you make your own textures?

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
I need to learn how for a machinima I'm working on.

I've already read the guide on custom textures, but it didn't really answer my question.

Can somebody help me?

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this may seem like a nooby thing to ask >_>

I just got a bit mixed up with this whole SD card thing. is it still the same process of making your own textures with the SD card? That wasn't working for me very well.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I'd like to know this too. There's like, no how-to texture hack tutorial/guides around.

And can someone show me the list of all the necessary tools? Even the ones you're not supposed to share. You know what I'm talking about. :mad:

Williaint

Smash Cadet
I read through every page (In the texture hack thread), and though I didn't read every post, I remember reading mention of someone working on a walk-through, if the one there was not enough, and once it was more developed...

I haven't actually had time to try it yet, But I'm terribly intrigued. Also, I use a Mac, and am a little concerned whether or not they require PC software to transfer the textures; I'm hoping I can just use photoshop to alter them, then put them in the correct paths.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
dang -_- I don't have a modded wii
Anything saying you need your wii modded is drastically outdated. That was when people were burning custom disks and had to have a modded wii to run them. A long time ago, the homebrew channel provided a way to load them w/o being modded. Recently, it turns out you don't even need to burn a custom disk to replace textures, just gecko OS.

@OP: check out Pharrox's guide about ASH, the point is to just unpack the textures from the originals, edit them in some graphics editing software, and repack them, put them on an SD card, and load them up w/ the custom texture loading code. If you want the whole texture codes + file setup, check out EX Brawl. I've gone through the (simple) work to set that up for anyone who wants it.

Top Bottom