• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you jump backwards?

Celerity668

Smash Rookie
When I'm in an edge guard situation, I want to jump backwards so I can back air their recovery, but I always turn jigglypuff forward -- what's the secret?

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
First of all, face the opposite direction of the edge. When you jump to make your approach, try to flick the C-stick right before you turn around to do a back air. This should allow you to do a back air while keeping the forward momentum. Say you're at the edge on the right side of Final Destination. It should be something like this:
:GCL: turnaround :GCY:jump backward and then:GCCR:

I don't know how else to explain it but just make sure that you're not holding the analog stick in the direction of your back air. Otherwise, Jigglypuff may turn around and do a forward air.

Celerity668

Smash Rookie
Ahh okay. I've been using the control stick to jump, but using Y makes it a lot easier. Thanks.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Hey no problem. I actually just guessed that you're using the control stick to jump, but I'm glad I was able to help!

Top Bottom