• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you handle music for alternate stages?

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
I'm having the hardest time trying to think of music that would fit well on both BBattlefield and MBattlefield

BBF gives a more fantasy sort of feel than MBF does. MBF feels a little more "sinister" in comparison. The best solution I've had so far is adding Persona music but that's not rolling all too well so far.

The Delfino stages are also really difficult to nail. Ricco Harbor works well on Plaza but not at all on Secret.
Also some smaller (but easier) difficulty on Temple/Skyloft as well. How do you guys do it?

JipC

Smash Journeyman
You can choose different music for each alt stage? I didnt even know that, though I havent messed with music much this update aside from just moving over my custom music from 3.5

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You can choose different music for each alt stage? I didnt even know that, though I havent messed with music much this update aside from just moving over my custom music from 3.5
You can't. OP is saying how does one chose the right music that works well on both alts and originals.

Sundark

Smash Apprentice
The approach I'm taking with my pack right now is pretty much to just stick with the primary stages. My pack is designed to be used in the competitive environment, so catering to the more-often wilder alt stages isn't my concern (no matter how much I want to put God Hand's It's a Smile World on Delfino Plaza), because those stages simply won't see use.

I totally agree with the different tones between the two Battlefields, but since Brawl is the default, that's the one I'm picking music for. You could try looking into the Tales series alongside further Persona games (Arena and Q are great) for songs that could fit both. Tales has a lot of tracks that have a fantasy feel to their composure, but play at more serious and dark points and battles in their stories. One that actually sticks out would be Meaning of Birth. Unavoidable Battle from Persona 3, or its Reincarnation album counterpart, would also work.

Temple and Skyloft you could probably take anything from Hyrule Warriors that's a more general Zelda theme, or put one track for each stage and hope it works itself out. I threw some music onto Skyloft myself because it was really easy picking before. If I have to struggle with it now as a result of the ASL I'm not going to fret over it.

Song philosophy in music packs is totally my jam, by the way.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I found that my Etrian Odyssey music I've had on BF since 3.02 still works good for the new alternate BF.

As for Delfino.... I doubt I'll ever use Plaza so I made my focus on Secret so can't help there.

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
You could try looking into the Tales series alongside further Persona games (Arena and Q are great) for songs that could fit both. Tales has a lot of tracks that have a fantasy feel to their composure, but play at more serious and dark points and battles in their stories. One that actually sticks out would be Meaning of Birth. Unavoidable Battle from Persona 3, or its Reincarnation album counterpart, would also work.

Temple and Skyloft you could probably take anything from Hyrule Warriors that's a more general Zelda theme, or put one track for each stage and hope it works itself out. I threw some music onto Skyloft myself because it was really easy picking before. If I have to struggle with it now as a result of the ASL I'm not going to fret over it.
I hadn't considered the Tales series for Battlefield but I think I'll do that. It's a shame though. The same stage yet a totally different feel.

The issue with Skyloft and Temple is that Skyloft has more of a free kind of feel to it and that Temple has this really mysterious aura to it, which is rough. It's the reason Full Steam Ahead! doesn't work in my book for Smash 4.

I found that my Etrian Odyssey music I've had on BF since 3.02 still works good for the new alternate BF.

As for Delfino.... I doubt I'll ever use Plaza so I made my focus on Secret so can't help there.
Right now I have Battlefield ~ Storm from EO4, but I'm considering adding more of it to other stages. The music is just sooo good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom