• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you guys deal with Space Animals????

shotafan

Smash Cadet
Maybe its just me but whenever I battle a good fox or falco, the battle becomes much more difficult.

Falco: Short hops lasers all day to find openings for an attack and tries runs away after I get close. Besides floating in mid-air, what else can Peach do to pressure a Falco to close combat?

And is Falco open after d+B or not????:mad:

Fox: I can deal with the speed and everthing else Fox has...but how do you deal with the waveshines? Is it possible to DI away from the "waveshine "infinite"+smash attack?"

And is Fox open after d+B???? :mad:

I don't have any vids to post tho. Sry.:dizzy:

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Pch pwnz space animals, you just have to know how to fight em. 1st try takin the falco to a platformed stage. This gives you 2 rly nice advantages.. 1.) You can avoid laserz 2.) You can sorta of bait yur oppenent to attack u from below while yur on a platform and get an ez 30% from a Dsmash =p. Chain grab those guys with Uthrow and end the CG with a Nair or something of the sort. Dealin wit the shine is the only hard part IMO. Just try to avoid gettin caught in it. Remember that most Falco/Foxes shine after every landed ariel so use that knowledge to make yur oppenent whiff and try to get something out of it. Usmash them out of their OverB.

For the Down B thing.. No.. they wont be open at all usualy. If they jump cancel out of the shine they will never be open, lol if they dont I guess they are but not for long..

Kman25

Smash Ace
Yeah I sorta have the same problems, I would also like to know how to deal with lasers, Floating too long gets your *** pwned 0_o

But to deal with shine, Make sure you shield the shine and do something out aft6er you shield the shine

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I agree with Bigrick. Space animals are no cake walk. especially for a peach. That's why they're top tier you know

The Falco shine, no they won't be open (especially if you get hit). The best you can do is just be careful not getting hit by it.

Also, waveshines are a lock for a peach. Once you're caught in it, it's near impossible to get out of it. The best you can do is just be careful against Foxes. A good fox could shine you from one side to another and shine you off the stage, making you open for another shine, which would doom you.

Btw shotafan, there's already threads about Peach vs Fox/Falco with plenty of info in them... you should've looked for them b4 starting a new thread.
Or at least post your problem in the 'Peach Battle Room' Thread where it could be answered with several other matchups/peach gameplay you have in mind.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dont rush into fox. That can lead to ****. Bait fox into aerials or shines. then react fast to get the hits one. Peach is slow, so rushing or chaseing him, or running away wont help. Patients is Key here. Fox is fast and for that have many advantages on you. It may be hard at first but. best not to try to go all out on him. (unless its a person you know very well or a noob fox) Wave dash to dash dance. and watch how the fox moves. If you get shined, dont try to get a Dsmash in, cause the shine comes in too fast for you to get that in. Smash DI Learn that. you be suprised how that can screw up foxes whole game play. Not this makes the match less harder.

Ok, so now you know that his speed can be trouble. but patients and all can help reduce that trouble. Now for his attacks. Most of then you can crouch cancel to Dtilt or Dsmash. at around 30% I would Dtilt him, then combo him into a grab and chain grab him. at around 80%, Dsmash him to rack up damage. abd send him flying. you will want to rack up as much as possible before sending him out the stage.At low Damage you can Dsmash him if you want, but doing so will send him flying out of your reach thous you have to bait him into you again. When close to fox, you want to rack up as much damage as possible.His up throw, smash DI it and if you cant or miss it DI away from him. Now from this point, Fox will csae you like hell so He can get another U-throw in.Wiggle out when your stuned in the air.and if you can land cause fox is all over the play, Time Your D-air to his U-air. You do it right your D-air can stop his U-air and you can land to the stage. This Down throw, when he does it mix up your techs, like tech in place, tech to the left or right. Mix it up to thrown him off. Cause he might tech chase you. But You need to know how to time the tech when he Dthrows you, cause if you dont, You will eat a smash attack.

Well, now that you know all of this, next you need to know is how to attack a fox. FC can do wonders on his furry azz. and since he is a fast faller, you can combo him pretty easy. Fox can **** Peach. But cause of Foxes weight, He can **** him just as bad. Dtilt pwns foxes to nasty Peach combos. Use this more at low damage. Shoot, even at high damage, you can do it then ether N-air him or Up-air him for the kill. If Fox is like going crazy on the stage and want to slow him down when attacking you. Jab him, that jab stops him dead. Jab one then grab or Dsmash him. And if Times Dtilt as well. F-air does great when connected. Wavedash back to a FC and F-air him. Space the move so You are not to close to get grabbed or attack if you miss or he blocks it. N-air out of the shield or FC-Niar or back air out of the shield works great too. Attack out the shield alot and dont roll too much. Remember Fox is speedy.Dont pick up turnips when your in range with fox. Or too much, even at a slight far distance, he can catch you in time to grab or attack you.Only when the time is right grab a turnip. Mix your Dash and grabs. Dont always dash, cause remember this. Most People that play Peach, when Peach runs to them what id most likely expected? A dash attack. and in most cases Peaches do dash attack alot. So mix up the grabs and Dash attack to throw you enemy off. Use Use FC techs fast when in rage with for if you plan to use it at all. Cause FC can leave you open to attacks. Best not to do it too far away and leave yourself open for an attack. The right FC can pwn his azz.You can also grab fox when he tries to drill shine you. But you have to time it. Once he drills you time it right and you can grab him out the shield before the shine comes in. Also out the shield. U-B out if it at times if possible for a quick escape if you need breathing space. Its pretty fast. And breaks through almost anything when done out the shield.

I doubt I need to explain how to edge guard him cause one he is out the stage, its **** time.
If he U-B when trying to return (I love this kill so much) In the middle of it before he is set into flame, hit him with a turnip, its stops him head on and he falls to his Death. B-air him when he does his U-B. But be careful, bad timing , he can go throw it and hit you. Or you both will take each others hits.Foxes now these Days love to F-B to the stage, so time it right and FC to a F/N/ or B-air him to his doom. Also times Fsmashes on him and even up smashes can get him pretty good for the kill. But thats another story. Fox fox is too scared to try to land in the stage, he will try to sweetspot the edge. with timing you can FC D-air to N-air and send his azz out again. Or grab the edge and get back up on the stage moment the move is about to connect. Dsmash works well too. But its all about timing. Also while he Does his U-B, You can FC to him and hit him with an aerial attack before he is set into flames and moves toward the stage. but you can also get burned when he is still in place cause of the flames around him and can but you in danger. and one more lil trick I love to do. But needs timing as well. When fox U-B to the stage, once his is in flames and is coming towards the stage, if you can tell which direction he is going. get over him and FC D -air to N-air. I have been messing this up lately but can work well with the right timing. is being flashy I guess. but if you can do it right. It can do justice in your game play (well I think so anyway)

Well thats all I have as advice to help you with your fox problem. if you have anymore problems. I'll be more then glad to help. Im starting to learn this match up my self and trying to see ways I can handle foxes on different levels and such. hope this helped you. Good luck in your fox battles and own that furry animal.

One more thing I forgot to add. If your getting comboed pretty back and lose your coll. Your giving fox the advantage to beat you even easier. thus player get tick off and rush into fox. and a smart one will abuse you for it. always play the way you was when you were doing just fine. You mis a few DI's and DI smashes and get K.O for it, dont lose your cool for nothing. I tend to do this alot and T get beat worst then I was a minute ago, thus lose my cool or get mad and then get owned. Im trying to get off this habit, cause habits like this are not good and Fox, falco, Shiek and Marths. From start to finish, Play like you always do. your better off that way and still have a chance to come back and own his azz. Just a lil tip from expereence and what I see alot.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Bigrick. Space animals are no cake walk. especially for a peach. That's why they're top tier you know
Lol Im not saying their cakewalks, im saying Pch can land some good strong comboes on them both. Pch pretty much completly eliminates Falcos SHL and can get some strong CG's on em. Fox is harder tho I'll admit, but the fact that Pch still has a small CG game, FC, Comboes, and edgeguards on her side that with a good stage supporting her recovery I think Pch can handle herself fairly well. Matter of fact, If it wasn't for Foxes ability to put Peach in some delicious shine comboes, and her being floaty (praticly bait for Foxes Vertical KO potential) and fox having a better taunt, Id say Pch would have a full outright advantange vs. fox as well.

Dont get too dedicated to the Tier List though I fully understand what yur saying.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The Fact that Peach is too easy to combo makes it kinda Easy **** for a good fox and Falco.

Fox, shine all day to up smashes. Grab to up throw to Up air(mutiple times) N-ar twice to dash attack to Usmash and thats it, Peach is knocked out at percent that makes no sense. His speed alone is trouble.. also he can camp with his blaster., drill shine to grab to up throw to up air Multiple times. Sure Peach can have some nasty comboes on fox and take advantage of his fast falling, but Fact is Fox has more on Peach than Peach has on fox. if these 2 characters were to fight on the same skill level, Fox would have the upper hand here. Still does not man Peach cant win.

Falco, that freaking Laser can kill most of Peaches gameplay. First off, its hard to get a turnip out with a happy spamming falco. You here you will have to rely on your air game.His drill shine is different from fox, for it rises you up, then he does for the Down air, to shine, which brings you and and hes goes on and on till he wants to ether smash attack you ot grab you. and at times its hard to tell which way to DI. But this fight is a lil easyer cause........

-He is not all that Fast on the ground

- Get in his Face and he is force to fight you off., no lasers here my friend onless he is stupid and asking for a free hit

-If you float over the laser, it kinda kills his laser game, and the fight is a lil easyer since falco loves to use his lasers to start his ****.

- He is not hard to combo once you have him in your grasp.

Now still keep in mind Falco Does have the upper hand here dude to Peach is a floaty, way too easy to combo...you know the rest. so gotta be on your toes here. Also, just cause you know the match up too well, does not mean your gonna own right away, just cuts the the level of **** in half, to get really good at this, you will need mindgames, without it, info in a match up wont get you far if you cant pull it off the RIGHT way

But to deal with shine, Make sure you shield the shine and do something out aft6er you shield the shine
Yea Like Up-B out the shield, works wonders. screw up his shine combo and can lead to a set up for you and etc......

shotafan

Smash Cadet
Ahh...sorry about that. I'm still a nOOb at this site so I didn't couldn't find anything on space animals...T_T sry!

shotafan

Smash Cadet
Dont rush into fox. That can lead to ****. Bait fox into aerials or shines. then react fast to get the hits one. Peach is slow, so rushing or chaseing him, or running away wont help. Patients is Key here. Fox is fast and for that have many advantages on you. It may be hard at first but. best not to try to go all out on him. (unless its a person you know very well or a noob fox) Wave dash to dash dance. and watch how the fox moves. If you get shined, dont try to get a Dsmash in, cause the shine comes in too fast for you to get that in. Smash DI Learn that. you be suprised how that can screw up foxes whole game play. Not this makes the match less harder.

Ok, so now you know that his speed can be trouble. but patients and all can help reduce that trouble. Now for his attacks. Most of then you can crouch cancel to Dtilt or Dsmash. at around 30% I would Dtilt him, then combo him into a grab and chain grab him. at around 80%, Dsmash him to rack up damage. abd send him flying. you will want to rack up as much as possible before sending him out the stage.At low Damage you can Dsmash him if you want, but doing so will send him flying out of your reach thous you have to bait him into you again. When close to fox, you want to rack up as much damage as possible.His up throw, smash DI it and if you cant or miss it DI away from him. Now from this point, Fox will csae you like hell so He can get another U-throw in.Wiggle out when your stuned in the air.and if you can land cause fox is all over the play, Time Your D-air to his U-air. You do it right your D-air can stop his U-air and you can land to the stage. This Down throw, when he does it mix up your techs, like tech in place, tech to the left or right. Mix it up to thrown him off. Cause he might tech chase you. But You need to know how to time the tech when he Dthrows you, cause if you dont, You will eat a smash attack.

Well, now that you know all of this, next you need to know is how to attack a fox. FC can do wonders on his furry azz. and since he is a fast faller, you can combo him pretty easy. Fox can **** Peach. But cause of Foxes weight, He can **** him just as bad. Dtilt pwns foxes to nasty Peach combos. Use this more at low damage. Shoot, even at high damage, you can do it then ether N-air him or Up-air him for the kill. If Fox is like going crazy on the stage and want to slow him down when attacking you. Jab him, that jab stops him dead. Jab one then grab or Dsmash him. And if Times Dtilt as well. F-air does great when connected. Wavedash back to a FC and F-air him. Space the move so You are not to close to get grabbed or attack if you miss or he blocks it. N-air out of the shield or FC-Niar or back air out of the shield works great too. Attack out the shield alot and dont roll too much. Remember Fox is speedy.Dont pick up turnips when your in range with fox. Or too much, even at a slight far distance, he can catch you in time to grab or attack you.Only when the time is right grab a turnip. Mix your Dash and grabs. Dont always dash, cause remember this. Most People that play Peach, when Peach runs to them what id most likely expected? A dash attack. and in most cases Peaches do dash attack alot. So mix up the grabs and Dash attack to throw you enemy off. Use Use FC techs fast when in rage with for if you plan to use it at all. Cause FC can leave you open to attacks. Best not to do it too far away and leave yourself open for an attack. The right FC can pwn his azz.You can also grab fox when he tries to drill shine you. But you have to time it. Once he drills you time it right and you can grab him out the shield before the shine comes in. Also out the shield. U-B out if it at times if possible for a quick escape if you need breathing space. Its pretty fast. And breaks through almost anything when done out the shield.

I doubt I need to explain how to edge guard him cause one he is out the stage, its **** time.
If he U-B when trying to return (I love this kill so much) In the middle of it before he is set into flame, hit him with a turnip, its stops him head on and he falls to his Death. B-air him when he does his U-B. But be careful, bad timing , he can go throw it and hit you. Or you both will take each others hits.Foxes now these Days love to F-B to the stage, so time it right and FC to a F/N/ or B-air him to his doom. Also times Fsmashes on him and even up smashes can get him pretty good for the kill. But thats another story. Fox fox is too scared to try to land in the stage, he will try to sweetspot the edge. with timing you can FC D-air to N-air and send his azz out again. Or grab the edge and get back up on the stage moment the move is about to connect. Dsmash works well too. But its all about timing. Also while he Does his U-B, You can FC to him and hit him with an aerial attack before he is set into flames and moves toward the stage. but you can also get burned when he is still in place cause of the flames around him and can but you in danger. and one more lil trick I love to do. But needs timing as well. When fox U-B to the stage, once his is in flames and is coming towards the stage, if you can tell which direction he is going. get over him and FC D -air to N-air. I have been messing this up lately but can work well with the right timing. is being flashy I guess. but if you can do it right. It can do justice in your game play (well I think so anyway)

Well thats all I have as advice to help you with your fox problem. if you have anymore problems. I'll be more then glad to help. Im starting to learn this match up my self and trying to see ways I can handle foxes on different levels and such. hope this helped you. Good luck in your fox battles and own that furry animal.

One more thing I forgot to add. If your getting comboed pretty back and lose your coll. Your giving fox the advantage to beat you even easier. thus player get tick off and rush into fox. and a smart one will abuse you for it. always play the way you was when you were doing just fine. You mis a few DI's and DI smashes and get K.O for it, dont lose your cool for nothing. I tend to do this alot and T get beat worst then I was a minute ago, thus lose my cool or get mad and then get owned. Im trying to get off this habit, cause habits like this are not good and Fox, falco, Shiek and Marths. From start to finish, Play like you always do. your better off that way and still have a chance to come back and own his azz. Just a lil tip from expereence and what I see alot.
Wow. I feel honored to have the Dark Peach give me tips .^^. I'll try to more patient againts these space animals and I'll see how it goes.

And I do get pissed when I fight fox/falco, so I usually rush in and get killed in the process. lol...-_-;;;;

Echo

Smash Champion
when I fight space animals, I like to chain grab and downsmash alot. gg.

Matsu18p

Smash Apprentice
With the space animals, use there weight, cg the mofos. Combo them with upthrow into various ariels as needed. With falco, I've learned that just taking your space, floating above the lasers into fairs slash nairs and mixing it up in that aspect intelligently works, turnips screw them up, they're not godly but they mess with a falco. You need to let falco come to you, dont panic when he runs at you with lasers and f-tilt, keep cool in the match up, and take control of the match. Cg him, combo him, abuse his horrible recovery.

With fox you need to take the battle to him. A camping peach doesnt win in this matchup.
throw ariels at him and dash attacks constantly but not rediculously. Again cg and combo etc., abuse his horrible recovery to.

Really we can sit and speculate the whole day and write essays on the subject and stuff but learning the matchups physically is the best way to overcome the fear of lasers and upsmash.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Wow. I feel honored to have the Dark Peach give me tips .^^. I'll try to more patient againts these space animals and I'll see how it goes.

And I do get pissed when I fight fox/falco, so I usually rush in and get killed in the process. lol...-_-;;;;
Honered to have the Dark.Pch give you tips?O_o Dude, Im not a god or anything like that, nor can I hold my own ground in tournies, im just some random Peach player

With the space animals, use there weight, cg the mofos. Combo them with upthrow into various ariels as needed. With falco, I've learned that just taking your space, floating above the lasers into fairs slash nairs and mixing it up in that aspect intelligently works, turnips screw them up, they're not godly but they mess with a falco. You need to let falco come to you, dont panic when he runs at you with lasers and f-tilt, keep cool in the match up, and take control of the match. Cg him, combo him, abuse his horrible recovery.

With fox you need to take the battle to him. A camping peach doesnt win in this matchup.
throw ariels at him and dash attacks constantly but not rediculously. Again cg and combo etc., abuse his horrible recovery to.

Really we can sit and speculate the whole day and write essays on the subject and stuff but learning the matchups physically is the best way to overcome the fear of lasers and upsmash.
This post made me twitch a lil......

Let Falco come to you? O___o. Dude if you do that, Falco can just spam that laser like no 2morrow. You will be shielding all day, till it breaks, and if you dont want it to break, your gonna be taking alot of hits. And the average falco will grab you when they close in, or D-air you to shine. Float over the lasers and go to him and keep a close eye on how he will react. Also while he is spamming, dont try to get a turnip. cause the lasers wont let you. Like I said before, You wil have to bring your air game to this fight. Best to get to work on your FC techs.

Dash attack constantly? what the........ Dude, what Foxes have you been playing. Your asking to get beat that bad? This is what happens when you Dash attack a fox alot.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udaV_xDi7Mk

Fox is Faster than you, you cant catch fox if you try to chase him and he is running away, Peach is a slow character You rush into fact you will get abused. Patients is Key here, and If you can camp well, it can do good on fox. How, be smart and think really hard about it, I'll let you find the answer to that. and now you cant just came, you need to think, be smart and have mindgames the most.

The average Peach player is know to Dash attack alot. thats what people will think and expect in battle.Thus your enemy will keep that in mind and make you pay for it. And you sir, just proved it right here. thus you will get pwned. Now, I know that the average Peach player will dash attack more than anything. So what do I do? I think different for that I mindgame myself for a min with my own character that im useing. In stead of dashing, I will grab the crap out of you, sure I will get some dash attacks in there as well, dont get me wrong on that. But Peach is way to know to dash attack alot. and really on a fox. ether way, thats what will get you pwnd. So mindgame yourself since people think of Peach dash attack alot (which is true at times) Get some grabs in there, get your grab game up there.Mix it up, DONT CONSTANTLY DASH ATTACK. NO NO NO!! I know what most will think, "ah Peach when she comes too me she will most likely Dash, so shield grab here" but the mindgame is on them when I play. For I switch it up so much that they can tell if MY Peach will grab or dash attack, and its good that I have my enemy guessing.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Loooool dark. You got shield grabbed out of every one.. cept mayb a couple do to some nice spacing o.O. Wuz that match old? You shoulda ended yur Cgs sooner, when he DI'ed the CG to the left (aaallll the way to the left) woulda been a good time to end it their with a Fair. Instead you just kept going and didn't get the KO untill a little l8r. Funny match tho, considering I was watchin for the dash attacks. That fox was awkward tho... dunno why he was so defensive.. I h8 watchin defensive foxes.. its boring..

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Loooool dark. You got shield grabbed out of every one.. cept mayb a couple do to some nice spacing o.O. Wuz that match old? You shoulda ended yur Cgs sooner, when he DI'ed the CG to the left (aaallll the way to the left) woulda been a good time to end it their with a Fair. Instead you just kept going and didn't get the KO untill a little l8r. Funny match tho, considering I was watchin for the dash attacks. That fox was awkward tho... dunno why he was so defensive.. I h8 watchin defensive foxes.. its boring..
Yea, this match is old, this is from summer of '06 I put this up to show what happens when you use dash attack way too much and rush at fox. and yea that fox was boring. all he did was wait. Dont worry, I pwnd him now so jokes on him, he cant beat me :p

Me14k

Smash Lord
Stay in float..bair.

get fox off the stage, intercept his recovery (Side B and UpB are laggy in air)

Learn the CG.

Mindgame.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
wen i play against falco i always play high and come down and attack him prevent his lasers from hitting me and when im facing fox i play him up close and combo him with turnips and down smash a

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
I need some advice: How the hell do you get out of the Fox infinite shield? Whatever I do I cant get out of it. As soon as Fox shines you he's free to get another hit on you it's the cheapest **** I've ever seen. Help me

Me14k

Smash Lord
I need some advice: How the hell do you get out of the Fox infinite shield? Whatever I do I cant get out of it. As soon as Fox shines you he's free to get another hit on you it's the cheapest **** I've ever seen. Help me

lol a peach player complaining about cheapness...

DI away from the shine. Its not going to save you everytime, but it will help your odds. If you want (dont do if the person you are playing ahs a really great waveshine, DI down and away and try to Dsmash..if they make a slight mistake they will get hit.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Thats all ya got for me, Ive already been doing that
Really, there isn't nothing much else you could do against it. It's a near instant lock. Once caught in it, it's difficult to get out of. The only two ways to get out of it is by DI and hope the Fox misses a beat. I think DIing when high (over the 50% mark) in damage is easier to DI from.

darE::to::Dream

Smash Journeyman
You can try to SDI the shine away for extra distance, but really, the waveshine combo is pretty painful to Peach. Just be careful not to get caught in drillshines, because those add up % extremely quickly.

Top Bottom