• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you get that strong up tilt to shoryuken combo done?

ghWyPakDzVvPncx76h2J

Smash Cadet
I don't know what it is, but I cannot do it. I can do light up tilt to shoryuken, but when it comes to having to actually use the a button instead of the c stick to do this one combo I just cannot do it and most of the time just end up doing a shakanetsu instead because of the hand path I have to go. Any tips fellow Ryu Mains?

malicecrossrevolver

Smash Apprentice
I don't know what it is, but I cannot do it. I can do light up tilt to shoryuken, but when it comes to having to actually use the a button instead of the c stick to do this one combo I just cannot do it and most of the time just end up doing a shakanetsu instead because of the hand path I have to go. Any tips fellow Ryu Mains?
I just removed the jump ability when pressing up, you can remove it in the control menu. It makes up tilts extremely easy.

ghWyPakDzVvPncx76h2J

Smash Cadet
I just removed the jump ability when pressing up, you can remove it in the control menu. It makes up tilts extremely easy.
Ehh, it's not really tap jump which I have disabled by the way, but more of just the fact you have to hold a then proceed to immediately to that shoryuken. I can easily do light up tilts to shoryuken because of c stick, but that isn't an option and when you're moving all the way down there it's easy to just get a shakanetsu hadouken instead. It's really bothering and I struggle with it a lot. Mostly just moving down and then trying to do the input without doing a shakanetsu. I usually use c stick for attacks and have tap jump off so those aren't problems.

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
Have you tried using negative edge? If you do the strong uptilt but continue holding the A button, do one of the Shoryuken inputs and then release A then you should get what you're looking for with a slightly more forgiving time window.

oc0267

Smash Rookie
You can use the special button (b) to perform the input as well. For me it feels more natural to hold A down for the heavy tilt and then slide my thumb over to B during the hitlag.

ghWyPakDzVvPncx76h2J

Smash Cadet
Have you tried using negative edge? If you do the strong uptilt but continue holding the A button, do one of the Shoryuken inputs and then release A then you should get what you're looking for with a slightly more forgiving time window.
Very great idea, I forgot about negative edge, this would help a lot since I can do the input in advance and have a bit more time to prepare instead of that very awkward transition from holding a upwards then sliding over to the very bottom and then proeeding to move to the corner and back to the bottom. Thanks!

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
One interesting thing is that you can do heavy tilts with the cstick by setting c stick to attack and pressing attack and moving the stick simultaneously.

Thus, you can use that method to input the Hutilt and do the shoryuken input with the control stick and press b or release attack for the shoryuken.

WD40

Smash Apprentice
NNID
adamwd
While useful, the important downside to negative edge is that you can't do the strongest true shoryuken, the fast hadouken, or long tatsu using negative edge. You only get the short versions unless you have A+B for smash attacks turned on.

ghWyPakDzVvPncx76h2J

Smash Cadet
One interesting thing is that you can do heavy tilts with the cstick by setting c stick to attack and pressing attack and moving the stick simultaneously.

Thus, you can use that method to input the Hutilt and do the shoryuken input with the control stick and press b or release attack for the shoryuken.
I definitely did not know of this, very interesting information. Ryu's technicalities only get more deeper the more I play as him and learn. Definitely my favorite character in Smash Bros of all time. He barely disappoints.

Migster

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4417-4697
I just do :GCU::GCA::GCR::GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCA: or something like that, I'm not exactly sure but 9/10 I get it right but the1/10 is for accidental strong uptilt or hadoken

Last edited:

Epok

Smash Ace
I just figured out a easy way to get the tilt/ jab to TSRK combo!

(These inputs are based off Ryu facing to the right)
Easiest way to TSRK is :GCDR: ,:GCDR:+:GCA:
This turns it into a much less clunky and faster 2 motion input.

Now here is the important thing: you can start the first :GCDR: directional input of the TSRK while doing you tilt on the cstick.

So:

Up tilt to TSRK: :GCDR:+:GCCU:, :GCDR:+:GCA:
Down tilt to TSRK: :GCDR:+:GCCD: , :GCDR:+:GCA:
Jab to TSRK: :GCCDR:+:GCDR: , :GCDR:+:GCA:

Go into the lab an get familiar with the motion and timing it weird at first, snd you will have to be able to execute it under pressure. Good luck!

Top Bottom