• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you do short-illusions?

Majolley

Smash Rookie
Go to FD and turn off stock and time.

Go to the very left edge and face right. When you get 1 side-b range away, turn around.

You have to press B twice: Once to start the ability, and again to cancel it.
If you want to time it accurately, you should press your second B at around the second noise of the animation.

The whole animations sounds like this: DING-WHOOSH (sweet words, I know)
If you press B right at the WHOOSH sound, it should cancel it. (If it's not working try a little bit earlier)

Big_R

Smash Champion
I always used the little flash of light to time it myself. When you press forward b, look for that little blue light flash, and press b again. I don't look for it now. I guess I just have the timing down, or maybe I go by ear.

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Majolley said:
That is almost siggable, but on topic. Just find a way to time yourself, knowing this is good to know to mix up your recoveries, it could mean the difference between making it on to the stage, phantasming too short, ofphantasming into an f smash >.>.

vericz

Smash Champion
Go to FD and turn off stock and time.

Go to the very left edge and face right. When you get 1 side-b range away, turn around.

You have to press B twice: Once to start the ability, and again to cancel it.
If you want to time it accurately, you should press your second B at around the second noise of the animation.

If you press B right at the WHOOSH sound, it should cancel it. (If it's not working try a little bit earlier)
thats the best way to do it. Listening for the sound is easier than looking for a flash, there are other things you should watch besides looking for a flash. Just press B at the "whoosh"
Took me only 5 minutes to get it down.

Top Bottom