• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Do You Add/Remove Sheik's Scarf In BrawlBox?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Making some sheik textures and I'm wondering how you remove her scarf, or if the model didn't have a scarf, how you would add it back.

I Myself

Smash Cadet
The easiest way to remove Sheik's scarf would be to map a 100% transparent texture onto it, rendering it invisible. However, Sheik has no torso geometry under her scarf so you'd just see a hole between her chest and head, so I wouldn't recommend removing her scarf unless you want to sculpt and rig the missing chest portion.

As for adding the scarf back, I believe you'd have to replace Sheik's model entirely. This would involve re-rigging the model, since you'd have to export it from BrawlBox to add the scarf in the first place, and BB does not yet export skin weights along with the skeleton and model.

I Myself

Smash Cadet
When you say texture, do you mean a .PAC file that replaces Sheik's model with a completely new one? If so, then you are correct, you cannot replace Sheik's scarf using BrawlBox alone.
(I ask because in the realm of computer graphics, the term "texture" just means an image mapped onto a model to give it color, so the cross-terminology was confusing me).

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
(I ask because in the realm of computer graphics, the term "texture" just means an image mapped onto a model to give it color, so the cross-terminology was confusing me).
That's what it means in Brawl too, just a lot of people (mis)use the term to refer to any kind of hack/modification. But assuming that that IS what he's talking about, all he has to do is export the textures from the modified model and import them into the original Sheik model.

@TC: Why do you need to know how to both add and remove the scarf? Do you want it on or not?

Top Bottom