• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do use mario's fair and dair ?

acojan

Smash Apprentice
I can't seem to get these moves ot hit ... they are too slow and laggy and i use them probably only once or twice in a match ---- and they miss >_< !!!

help !

Another questions is when u edgeguard what do you use first -- cape or fludd ? which is more effective ?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ledgeguard with the F-air.

Use D-air out of shield.

Use the FLUDD first, then the Cape.

???????

Smash Journeyman
If you're worried about Mario's Fair use a wavebounced cape instead; it gives a nice ranged disjointed hitbox and spaces you a bit, plus B-sticking makes RARs easier.

acojan

Smash Apprentice
i know cape stalling but i do not like b-sticking. i have gotten too used to the original format and i find it a hassle to adjust again ..... i do know what RAR is though since i also play yoshi ---

but then again maybe it is worth the effort:)

???????

Smash Journeyman
It depends on what character you use, how confident you are using A for attacks, and how helpful you think B-sticking will be for you but I'd say not many use the B-stick for Mario since smashes become harder to use consistently and most of Mario's finishers are smashes.

*It all comes down to taste in the end*

drewlynoted

Smash Cadet
i prefer bair and uair

fair and cape for flashy-ness

i only personally fludd when im feeling super cocky cuz i suck with using it

Top Bottom