• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do u cancel the phantasm?

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
When do you cancel the phantasm to get maximum "glide" range?
i tend to do it on accident quite a bit. Also, what do you do to cancel it, simply hit B?

Seison

Smash Journeyman
Yes, iDizZzY, you hit b again after initiating the phantasm. you can hit b at the very beginning, so that you go almost nowhere, slightly later for medium distance, and right at the end (while in the air) to get a slight increase in distance.

The timing can be pretty difficult to get down. I still am not able to cancel it with a single tap of the b button, i usually just wait for the right moment and mash it a bunch of times hoping for the right result. It's not to hard once you get the feel for it though.

edit: something I should clarify: when in the air, you get gliding distance with all the cancels.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
i cant seem to get it on command. I seem to get lucky when i do get it. When is the right time to do it?

Seison

Smash Journeyman
To be honest I don't know the exact moments to hit B. You just have to experiment a bit until you can do it consistently. IMO the middle length cancel is the most difficult, but I never use that one anyway. For the short cancel, you can hit ->B and then just start smashing the B button and a lot of times you'll get it, though this is certainly not the best or most professional way of doing it. For the long cancel, you wait until Falco is about 3/4ths through the phantasm, then start mashing B.

Sorry, but that's about as specific as I can get. Anyone else?

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
lol thats what i was planning on doing anyway. Whatever gets the job done and if mashing is the way to do it, why not.

waks

Smash Journeyman
Try practicing it on 1/4th speed so that you'll know when to exactly hit B again to cancel and get the maximum "glide" range. Then go faster and faster, till you've got the timing down.

Smash Rookie
the way i got the timing down, was i waited for the sound of my control stick returning to nuetral after the side press, then press b once, it cancels long like 90% of the time now

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
i tried it a while back and maybe you should cancel it the moment you see the flash if not that then mash the button until you can figure out the timing.

Top Bottom