• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I..

Mangme

Smash Apprentice
Approach with DDD? And how do I get people off the stage easily? And also, how do I build damage without Chain Grabbing?

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
Uh, ok one at a time, here it is

1. Approach--depends on the character, if they have no projectiles, i play very defensively and use waddle when they are far away. If you feel the need to approach them, you can shbair/WoP approach. Or walk, yes walk, and ftilt, or dash shield grab which opens up just about everything once you grab your opponent, cg or techchase or ftilt. Oh, and try to sh your waddles cuz on the ground it leaves too much landing lag, i learned this the hard way. People will just dash at you, sh or fh, air dodge, then punish you.

2. Easiest way to get people off the stage is if you can cg them, cg to the edge and fthrow. If you can't seem to grab them or they are not cgable, then dtilt seems to have enough knockback and little lag to get them off the stage while you can start following them off it. Also if you hit them w/ an fair or bair (if you didn't already spam this move alot) at 80 or above, they'll be off the edge most likely.

3. Building damage w/out chaingrabbing, well, Out of Shield, dair is a great way to rack up points, but make sure you autocancel it, or you'll have too much landing lag to follow anything up. AAA builds up damage also, and it's a good way to get people away from you. And combos like uair to bair to uair works sometimes if you don't get all the hits on the uair or if they are at a low percent. A classic combo near the early percentages is full hopped Nair fastfalled to utilt, utilt, howevery many you can do, to uair. Deals alot of percentage and can really be annoying to someone who just lost a life. And tech chasing your dthrow into other grabs or dthrow to ftilt.

That's all i got right now

Top Bottom