• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I use luma correctly?

Sup3rn00b

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sup3rn00b
3DS FC
4398-9309-7838
Hello, I've been trying to main Rosie for quite a while now, but one thing I can never get down is how to use the Luma right. (Spacing, mechanics, ect.) I feel that I can control Rosalina herself well, but have a tough time keeping track of both her and Luma, especially when the two are separated. So my question is, How do I use Luma to the best of It's abilities?

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
It's a very complicated question to answer. The simplest way would be to go through the articles here and learn as many of the Luma techs as possible, and after that practice positioning and spacing on a matchup to matchup basis. After that, it just comes down to practice and becoming familiar with the character.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Hello, I've been trying to main Rosie for quite a while now, but one thing I can never get down is how to use the Luma right. (Spacing, mechanics, ect.) I feel that I can control Rosalina herself well, but have a tough time keeping track of both her and Luma, especially when the two are separated. So my question is, How do I use Luma to the best of It's abilities?
Practice, practice, practice. Then practice some more.

c4p1v4r4

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4270-1365-3495
I know I'm not the best R&L out there but the most important advice I can give you besides

Practice, practice, practice. Then practice some more.
is that you need to try to keep your Luma always at your side, you only shoot her if you're trying a surprise attack or after you send someone out of the stage and you wanna hit them while they're returning to the stage.
Another important thing is that the most important person in the R&L team is :rosalina: so if you find yourself in a fight separated from Luma and the opponent is going all against you, you need to forget Luma, she is a smart girl and will find his way back to his mom eventually :awesome:, one good plan I have found is to always call back your Luma when you are in the air out of the stage.

You should see the videos of Ace playing has R&L, they help me a lot to understand how to play with them.

Sup3rn00b

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sup3rn00b
3DS FC
4398-9309-7838
Thanks, I'll try to stop sending out luma so much. I appreciate the help.

Top Bottom