• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I sword dance? Like, this is bugging me?

Frenzy

Smash Apprentice
I just do side B and sometimes I only get the first two steps, sometimes I get three and sometimes I get four. I tried tilting the analog while I do it but I just accidentally do another B move. I tried timing it, tempo, spacing it, hitting side B repeatedly.

What am I doing wrong?

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
I didn't know how to sword dance for the longest time either but now I always use it. Anyways the trick is to hit B at a decent pace (not spamming it but in a sort of rhythm and you can do it a bit faster but you should start slower) also make sure your tilting the stick forward, downward, or upward as depending on how you tilt the stick you can do different variants of the move and if you tilt the stick backwards on the final strike he turns around completely and jabs it straight forward. There's a lot more to this attack but fiddle around with it and you'll see all of it's options the only issue is learning the timing especially when you want to do it quicker.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
What cafe said. Don't forget about the reverse hit on the fourth slash. As far as I remember it can be done in almost any of the three scenarios beforehand.

NQuad1Zero

Smash Cadet
Likewise took me some time to get used to it. According to the frame data threads, the next sequential hits that you can input the next sequence for is on the same frames as the hurtbox of the moves give or take a few frames, so I just rely on reaction speed to hit B or A again (I find hitting A after inputting the first Side B to be more reliable, but I doubt it makes a difference) whenever I see the orange trail. After Getting used to it I just press by ear and basically memorised the sound effects of each slash and when the next sound effect is able to occur so I can time accordingly, not sure If I'm making any sense though...

Top Bottom