• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do i send people off stage/kill them?

SagaTheMeow

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SagaTheNetwork
3DS FC
4399-1366-7597
I have been playing Robin since i got the Wii-U, because i loved him in Fire Emblem : Awakening.
I am still learning the basics of the game and the character, but i think i am doing some progress.

By being coy and defensive i do manage to chip people´s HP away, and at the right time i may even strike a couple of heavier hits against my enemy, usually bringing them to the hundreds while i still sit on my twenties ( % )

But therein lies my problem.

Unless i am playing vs extremely fragile characters, i have a really hard time sending people offstage, and it feels like no matter how high their % is (Some heavier/Floatier chars up to their 200%´s ) i just cannot seem to finish them off and eventually, a single mistake tends to cost me the stock, and more often than not, the match.

People do not really fall for levin sword smashes since it´s slow and predictable, and there´s a gazillion characters with counters that make smashing them away or even attempting to elfire them when they dash close to me a true danger and potentially a reversal from an "easy win" to instant death D:

So, how do i finish people off?

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
I have been playing Robin since i got the Wii-U, because i loved him in Fire Emblem : Awakening.
I am still learning the basics of the game and the character, but i think i am doing some progress.

By being coy and defensive i do manage to chip people´s HP away, and at the right time i may even strike a couple of heavier hits against my enemy, usually bringing them to the hundreds while i still sit on my twenties ( % )

But therein lies my problem.

Unless i am playing vs extremely fragile characters, i have a really hard time sending people offstage, and it feels like no matter how high their % is (Some heavier/Floatier chars up to their 200%´s ) i just cannot seem to finish them off and eventually, a single mistake tends to cost me the stock, and more often than not, the match.

People do not really fall for levin sword smashes since it´s slow and predictable, and there´s a gazillion characters with counters that make smashing them away or even attempting to elfire them when they dash close to me a true danger and potentially a reversal from an "easy win" to instant death D:

So, how do i finish people off?
charge thoran wait for right chance use run towards and attack since robin can use levin in air usally works for me

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
If you're trying to hit someone off-stage, your best option changes based on where they are relative to you.

If they're recovering high, LSUair.

If they're recovering at stage level, Fair (if it will be fatal, or if you think you can't land Nair) or Nair. Nair sends at an AMAZING angle for gimping. You can usually Nairx2, recover, and leave them to die.

If they're going low, Elwind spike (if applicable), regular Elwind, Bair (stage spike) or back hit Nair.

Alternatively, you can wait for them to grab the ledge, trump them off of it, and Backair (people tend to reflexively jump after being trumped).

You can also wait on the stage, place Arcfire on the ledge, then D-Smash them when they try to regrab without invincibility.

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
A great option to send them off stage is to back throw them. Robin's Back throw is an amazing tool that sends them high and away, giving you the options that Raziek listed.

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
A great option to send them off stage is to back throw them. Robin's Back throw is an amazing tool that sends them high and away, giving you the options that Raziek listed.
Bthrow also kills at ~150% on most characters, I think, so if you're good at chipping away the damage, you can keep going until you're confident that Bthrow can kill, and then a single grab will finish the stock.

Last edited:

LunchPolice

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LunchPolice
3DS FC
5456-0847-1584
I have to agree with the Bthrow suggestions. I generally land far more easy kills with throws than smashes.

Top Bottom