• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do i practice up air strings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghornas

Smash Rookie
I searched but cant ffind a good way, its the thing holding me back the most.

Meatbag

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KeithSprings
We have a catalog of where you can find that information on the pinned threads.

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
I mean, there's really not much way to practice them other than to just... practice them.

Do not try it out in training mode, since moves do not stale in training mode. Play on infinite time, put a handicap on your opponent to get them to a percent where up air strings work, and just practice it, I guess? Every time you do it, SD to reset the stale counter. There's no real special way to practice them other than to just practice them.

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
dash attack or down throw leads right into up air strings, so use those to set them up.

Your opponent should be in lowish to mid percent depending on their weight, too little percent and they'll go too low for an upair and too much percent and they'll go too high.

I'm not sure how other people do it, but i have my thumb on both the Y and A button on a gamecube controller, with the control stick held up. Then I press Y to jump and right after each jump I press A. You may have to follow your opponent's DI, but at first try it on CPUs which don't DI. If you still can't do it, just look at other meta knights do it and try to replicate it.

busken

Smash Ace
All he did was ask a simple question, which has a one word answer. Stuff like this clogs the boards and over the past few days people have been doing this. I guess this unavoidable when so many people come in.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Please don't make threads asking simple questions. Use the Question & Answers thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/meta-knight-questions-answers-thread.371316/

But to answer your question, Dash Attack, Down-Throw, and Up-Tilt all set up for Up-Air combos starting at around 20-30% depending on the character. Learn to utilities those set-up moves and landing Up-Airs should become second nature and eventually you'll learn to read air dodges and get raw Up-Air chains with no set-up needed. Just practice, practice, practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom