• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I make custom stock icons?

Dr. K

Smash Rookie
NNID
khzeldanerd
How do I make custom stock icons? I wanna make matching icons with my texture hacks

DRGN

Technowizard
"Make" them? If you mean editing the image, I'd google Photoshop/GIMP tutorials. If you mean where are the textures to export or replace, there are two different sets. You can access them using DAT Texture Wizard. One set is in "GmRst", and the other in "MnSlChr" (the files that end in .usd are the ones used when the game's language is set to English). I think one of the sets is for the results screen, and the other is for within matches. I can't remember which is which though, so you'll have to test that part.

Edit: actually, there are three sets of icons; I forgot about "IfAll".

Last edited:

PaoDeBatata24

Smash Rookie
"Make" them? If you mean editing the image, I'd google Photoshop/GIMP tutorials. If you mean where are the textures to export or replace, there are two different sets. You can access them using DAT Texture Wizard. One set is in "GmRst", and the other in "MnSlChr" (the files that end in .usd are the ones used when the game's language is set to English). I think one of the sets is for the results screen, and the other is for within matches. I can't remember which is which though, so you'll have to test that part.
what, i didnt understand

DRGN

Technowizard
what, i didnt understand
DAT Texture Wizard is a program that you can use to export or import textures in your game (to or from a game disc, like an ISO or GCM). It's a stickied thread, meaning you'll find it at the top of this subforum.

Download that program, and load your game in it. You'll see the files that are in your disc. The files called "GmRst.usd", "MnSlChr.usd" and "IfAll.usd" each have a set of stock icons in them. Select one of them and click on the Browse Textures button. Then you'll be able to see the textures that are in that file. Search for the file you want to modify. Export it. Modify it as you please, and then you can import it back in (replacing the original one that was in your game).

But I don't know which set is for which part of the game, so you'll have to experiment a bit. i.e., try changing one of the icons in one of the file, boot up the game, and then see which places where it changed.

Dr. K

Smash Rookie
NNID
khzeldanerd

Edit: actually, there are three sets of icons; I forgot about "IfAll".
Thanks. Also yeah I meant where the textures are to replace

PaoDeBatata24

Smash Rookie
I ha
DAT Texture Wizard is a program that you can use to export or import textures in your game (to or from a game disc, like an ISO or GCM). It's a stickied thread, meaning you'll find it at the top of this subforum.

Download that program, and load your game in it. You'll see the files that are in your disc. The files called "GmRst.usd", "MnSlChr.usd" and "IfAll.usd" each have a set of stock icons in them. Select one of them and click on the Browse Textures button. Then you'll be able to see the textures that are in that file. Search for the file you want to modify. Export it. Modify it as you please, and then you can import it back in (replacing the original one that was in your game).

But I don't know which set is for which part of the game, so you'll have to experiment a bit. i.e., try changing one of the icons in one of the file, boot up the game, and then see which places where it changed.
I have this progam but I didn't understand the text...

Top Bottom