• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do i get rid of the black bars?

TGM

Smash Lord
Im using my girlfriends digital camera and while i record anyhting on a tv or cpu, i see big black bars travel up the screen. can anybody help me get rid of them? or point me to a thread that helps?

Krix

Smash Cadet
You can't really get rid of them unless you do color correction, and that doesn't really help it either. It happens because of your TV or monitor's refresh rate. If the refresh rate isn't high enough, it'll create those black bars because the camcorder is capturing the image too fast. Those black bars are essentially "missing information" from the TV.

SlashMolder

Smash Apprentice
I found that if you play with the brightness of the recording, or on the computer while editing you can get the lines to not be as bad, if not you can buy a better tv or a video capture card...

TGM

Smash Lord
how do u find out FPS on tvs and HD tvs?

my camera can do 60FPS and 30FPS......

Top Bottom