• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I get my Wii to read Brawl WITHOUT sending to Nintendo?

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
There has to be a way...you know that double-layered BS etc that makes Brawl unable to be read by some Wiis, well...minez got that problem.

I can't send it into Nintendo. Why? Cause I'm too impatient to wait for the return? Yes, but even if I was patient, I have Homebrew channel on my Wii, even if I erase it I'm sure there'll still be traces of it, and I'm sure while Nintendo has my Wii they'll update it and if they do I don't know how to re-install HBC, if I'm correct the twilight hack won't work.

So all in all I can't send my Wii into Nintendo, so how do I get it to read Brawl again?

Trust me, I know its the Wii/Brawl double layered.

I scavengered my house looking for another game to test, I found Wii sports, it wasn't in a case and has been lying ON ITS READ SIDE FOR MONTHZ. So yeah, don't suspect the Brawl disc is in bad shape, it isn't. My Brawl disc was having issues being read before, but after several tries I could get it to work, it just got worse and worse until I can do nothing :(

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
does it load when u go through gecko os or something? or u could try the backup loader (even if its a legit disc)

noradseven

Smash Lord
There has to be a way...you know that double-layered BS etc that makes Brawl unable to be read by some Wiis, well...minez got that problem.

I can't send it into Nintendo. Why? Cause I'm too impatient to wait for the return? Yes, but even if I was patient, I have Homebrew channel on my Wii, even if I erase it I'm sure there'll still be traces of it, and I'm sure while Nintendo has my Wii they'll update it and if they do I don't know how to re-install HBC, if I'm correct the twilight hack won't work.

So all in all I can't send my Wii into Nintendo, so how do I get it to read Brawl again?

Trust me, I know its the Wii/Brawl double layered.

I scavengered my house looking for another game to test, I found Wii sports, it wasn't in a case and has been lying ON ITS READ SIDE FOR MONTHZ. So yeah, don't suspect the Brawl disc is in bad shape, it isn't. My Brawl disc was having issues being read before, but after several tries I could get it to work, it just got worse and worse until I can do nothing :(
Not really unless you want to void your warenty have really steady hands and want to risk breaking your wii, aligning lasers is precise work.

One thing that sometimes helps is putting the wii on its side helps the disk spin more smoothly, I forget which weird *** physics law makes it wobble a bit when standing up.

Top Bottom