• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do i figure out new combos

ashes

Smash Apprentice
Hey,
so I really want to figure out new combos to use with ZSS, but I have no idea as to whether there is a good way of testing out various combinations of attacks or whether i really have to just have to do a trial and error sort of thing. so I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice on this matter, and maybe some ideas of what i could try or improve on. I think it would be a good challenge for me and a good way to get better at playing ZSS.
I'll appreciate any feed back.

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
Best thing is to watch videos, they have a pretty good archive in the sticky and basically copy what you see. Once you get those down, if you are creative enough you will start coming up with your own, tweaking existing combos. The next level to combo-ing is paying attention to percentages. For example at certain percentages the player will be knocked back just enough for you to chain another move. But if the percentage is too high they will just fly off the screen ending your combo. This is true for any character, but for ZSS try connecting a lot of juggling moves (ie tilts, as well as aerials) and finish off with a smash. But be creative, don't be limited by anything.

Vro

Smash Lord
watch videos and play more. as you become more intimate with your characters moveset, you'll be able to string together attacks given the situation. don't be afraid to be inventive. sometimes i go into a game saying "I'm going to try X as much as possible this round." And even if I lose, I'll learn something. The first step to success is often failure..

Top Bottom