• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do i explain double shorthop situations...?

SiShenDao

Smash Apprentice
my friend wants me to teach him how to use marth since i'm one of the best players among my friend and use marth... and he wants me to explain the different situations to use his double attacks in one short hop... but i'm not sure how to do that... so if anyone can help me, he wants me to tell him when to use

fair fair
fair uair(it actually has really low lag and can link into up tilt, upsmash, or another aerial)
fair dancing
fair bair(i don't use this but he insists)
bair fair(it is possible)

i kinda just use them when my head tells me to, so i'm not sure how to explain it to someone...

supak

Smash Cadet
Nearly all of those are dependent on where your opponent is located and what you want to do... Do you want to do damage? Go dancing. Do you want to get a low percentage kill or combo? Double FAir. Did your opponent get behind you? Use BAir.. Is your opponent at a high percent? UpAir them.

And don't overuse FAir... You need to throw in NeutralAir in there.

Top Bottom