• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I deal with ROB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexmaster

Smash Cadet
Just went up against a ROB in for glory who totally walled me out with projectiles. Everytime I thought I had a read on him he rolled away. I could edgeguard him because he recovered super high. I was lagging a bit, which probably accounted for some of my problems, but even then I don't really think I had a way to beat him. Does anyone have any tips for this matchup?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Grab his gyro, laser is easy enough to shield.
I agree it's rough. obviously you won't be able to use gordos when there are gyros and lasers everywhere, so I would stick with a very conservative approach. watch what they do when landing from projectiles and moves, and you should be able to run in, shield, and abuse the opening with a tilt or grab.

basically remember he wants to keep you away from him so that you can't do anything. really all projectile characters will want to do this and a lot of the time you just have to play super patient and go for the tilts etc.

also http://smashboards.com/threads/general-match-up-discussion-thread.388795/page-3

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Yee listen to Ndede
Both for advice on the match-up and to bring match-up specific questions to the Match-up Thread instead of making an entire thread just to ask about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom