• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I deal with Falco's lasers?

Ben Zed

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
BENZ#0
How can Marth deal with Falco's lasers? As Marth, I feel like my only options are to camp the ledge and chip away at him or (in theory) just gimp him. Dash Dance camping just gets me lasered and comboed to hell, and the same goes for any kind of approach attempt. Any more seasoned players have some solutions?

Enemony

Smash Rookie
But seriously I may not be the most "seasoned player", but I have talked to many about this myself. The answer I keep getting over and over again is to always (try) to be within range of being able to hit the falco. This doesn't mean to always be hitting the falco, but in range to scare him into not being able to get away with a laser. Secondly, wavedash oos helps a ton for approaching and getting a quick grab to punish a poorly timed laser. Hope this helps.

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
Practice perfect shields. Crouching while attempting perfect shields increases your chances if the laser goes over you. Crouch, PS>WD or dash depending on distance. I find as soon as you hit them back with a couple, they're way more hesitant to throw them. Hell, sometimes they'll stop throwing them for the whole stock because it's super intimidating to them if you hit 5 in a row. ;)

Once you close the distance on him, focus on staying at a range where he doesn't want to laser or he'll get punished. I find a perfect shield>grab works really well on aggressive Falcos who laser right in your face.

If you want a faceroll solution, get in range and counter a laser and he might see it connect and approach you, and subsequently get hit. But again this is lasers for dummies haha.

Roanz

Smash Rookie
If they're approaching with Lasers, 9/10 they're going to Nair, Dash attack, Shine or Grab. Wavedashing out of shield.

Power shielding is a beautiful thing as well, because it's so difficult to time, especially during high pressure situations almost no Falco player would predict that you would unless you're spamming shield.

Then the traditional walk through it and Ftilt them :p

goateeguy

Smash Ace
One situational option is to dash attack. Dash attack puts Marth really low to the ground, so if you time it and space it right you'll scoop right under most laser heights and pop Falco up. I like to use my vertical space more than most Marths; I was playing a Falco once who absolutely would not approach until I committed to something. So I just stood on a side platform. He stayed on the opposite side of the stage and shot 10-15 SHLs and just didn't know what to do because I would hop down and get under him if he tried a full-hop laser. Since Falco is so slow horizontally, it's not as dangerous to jump when you're on opposite ends of the stage because it's harder for Falco to get underneath Marth (which is a bad situation because Marth's downward priority is relatively weak and Falco's jump speed is fast and difficult to react to).

Top Bottom