• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I breed?

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
I was just wondering, how do I breed in FireRed? I keep hearing that you need a Ditto, but then other sites say you need a male and female Pokemon. Sorry for being such a n00b but I'm not exactly the most intelligent when it comes to these games.

And another thing...can anyone provide me a small list of eggs? That way, I'll be able to choose the Pokemon I like and ask which Pokemon are required to make it.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Serebii's guide should be good enough for the breeding basics.

http://www.serebii.net/games/breed.shtml

Don't worry about the advanced methods of breeding until you understand the basics. Breed some pokemon and then when you know more about it and if you feel inclined go for the deeper aspects of it.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Go to island 4 you can breed there, you can you a Ditto with both a Female and Male pokemon. Like Chill said, Serebii.net is the best place for finding anything about pokemon.

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I read that guide earlier but I'm still confused about the whole Ditto thing. I just want a small list of some good Pokemon you can obtain from breeding. Can anyone provide one?

MasterMatt

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I read that guide earlier but I'm still confused about the whole Ditto thing. I just want a small list of some good Pokemon you can obtain from breeding. Can anyone provide one?
what is there to be confused about? you put ditto in the daycare with any non legendary pokemon, ride your bike for a while and talk to the day care dude and he will have your pokemon egg... it really is not that complex... also do you mean good egg moves pokemon can learn while breeding or what... baby pokemon are really not that powerful...

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
You can get almost any pokemon from breeding. Are you dumb? Do you know what breeding is? A good pokemon you can get from breeding is magikarp. Splash. Splash.
Am I dumb? I freaking said in my first post that I'm not the most intelligent when it comes to these games so don't be such an *** next time.

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
Now, here's another thing I read on Wikipedia and I hope it isn't true...it says I need the National Dex in order to breed in FireRed. Is that true?

EDIT: Sorry about the double post.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Pretty sure that's true.

If I remember FireRed/LeafGreen right, you can only access the first of the Sevii Islands w/out the national dex. 2-7 require it.

It's probably easier on Ru/Sa/Em if you can trade them over. The daycare is east of Mauville.

titus

Smash Journeyman
Ive been an '***' in probably less than twenty of my posts, that post was one of the few exceptions. And i knew next to nothing about pokemon until a couple months ago, so ha.

MasterMatt

Smash Journeyman
Ive been an '***' in probably less than twenty of my posts, that post was one of the few exceptions. And i knew next to nothing about pokemon until a couple months ago, so ha.
i got your back titus... you hardly ever talk **** to other people....
you seriously got pokemon a few months ago... i have been playing pokemon since red and blue came out and only a few weeks ago did i learn about EVs and IVs.... i guess i am a little slow...:psycho:

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
Forget I ever ratted you out, Titus. I am dumb...when it comes to breeding anyway.

Anyhoo, I just caught myself a Ditto, so do I just go to the Daycare on one of the islands and dump a Pokemon off with it?

Teethpaste

Smash Cadet
You can just use a ditto and any other pokemon or you can use a male and female of the same type of pokemon like marill and marill u can't breed with rares

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Any pokemon not in the cannot breed section can breed, males transfer IVs and attacks, females pass down natures if they're holding an Everstone. Example, A male Machamp breeds with a Jolly Ditto holding an Everstone, the resulting Machop is Jolly and knows some moves of the Machamp. That's all I can say.

Top Bottom