• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I beat zzs?

Supersheikbros

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lewis-Cooper
Please can someone help me on how 2 beat zzs on fg bc she is one of the most annoying characters IMO and I don't know anything about the MU all help is appreciated :) (mains: sheik, fox, c.falcon)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm not that good with matchups, but I think I can give you some tips

Fox can shine the lasers, which makes it incredibly annoying for ZSS, since she has no other choice but to change her approach and maybe her entire overall gameplay strategies. (I play much differently for that very reason.) I suggest camping with your lasers to rack up damage and attack when she's vulnerable (ending lag).

Falcon can be tricky. Try to use your speed advantage against ZSS to confuse her and strike with the Dair -> Knee combo when she fails to grab you.

Sheik's needles are extremely annoying for ZSS. They have crazy range, are extremely fast and can go through ZSS's lasers, making them really hard to expect (assuming you don't spam it). Izaw's Sheik guide also shows than the SideB, when close enough, can cancel the lazer and hit ZSS at the same time, giving it punish potential. Sheik is also one of the few characters with a chaingrab (not the same as Melee), which she can do to most of the roster until around 60%, take advantage of that the moment you grab her. Of course, the chaingrab itself is really tricky, so I suggest training a lot for the chaingrab alone.

EDIT: I suggest asking tips from more ZSS mains.

Last edited:

Supersheikbros

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lewis-Cooper
Thanks ou
I'm not that good with matchups, bur I think I can give you some tips

Fox can shine the lasers, which makes it incredibly annoying for ZSS, since she has no other choice but to change her approach and maybe her entire overall gameplay strategies. (I play much differently for that very reason.) I suggest camping with your lasers to rack up damage and attack when she's vulnerable (ending lag).

Falcon can be tricky. Try to use your speed advantage against ZSS to confuse her and strike with the Dair -> Knee combo when she fails to grab you.

Sheik's needles are extremely annoying for ZSS. They have crazy range, are extremely fast and can go through ZSS's lasers, making them really hard to expect (assuming you don't spam it). Izaw's Sheik guide also shows than the SideB, when close enough, can cancel the lazer and hit ZSS at the same time, giving it punish potential. Sheik is also the only character with a chaingrab (not the same as Melee), which she can do to most of the roster until around 60%, take advantage of that the moment you grab her. Of course, the chaingrab itself is really tricky, so I suggest training a lot for the chaingrab alone.
[/quot thanks you :)

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Use shield and make her have to risk grabbing you. Then jump or Froll and give her the business.

Last edited:
Top Bottom