• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do i approach fox/falco when they are pressuring me with lasers

_Franz

Smash Rookie
Every time i fight spaices they tend to pressure me with lasers, what should i do?

deezstack

Smash Rookie
:drmario::drmario::drmario:Cape! If it's a platform stage then use those, Wall of pain and come through the other side. On FD cape, dair, approach, grab

Kisatamura

Prescriber of Manami.
NNID
Kisatamura
3DS FC
1521-4702-6467
If it's Fox:

There's really not that much you can do about Fox shorthopping lasers since reflecting them is a waste of time and he'll gain on you. Just make good use of platforms if you're on Battlefield or any other stage with platforms, or carefully close in on Fox since he'll want you to come to him anyway if he's shooting lasers. Fox is going to use lasers to tack on damage before closing in, so always watch out for Fox's actions after lasers.

If it's Falco, you can use the cape but exercise caution with it. Sometimes it'll force Falco to shoot lasers at a different height, but overall you want to still avoid use of the cape since it forces Doc to commit, and Falco can move into your face quickly. You may want to mix it up with your approaches towards Falco since he can act after landing SHFF Lasers.

Last edited:

_Franz

Smash Rookie
Thanks to the both of you guys! I've yet to try this in netplay, and sorry for the late reply! I was very tongue tied on what to do on platform stages. Much thanks

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a player of the good doctor, but I do know that if you have a practice partner with the ability to short hop -> laser you on FD for awhile (or one with the willingness to learn) then you could just work on your powershield game. I don't know how new you are though; it could be something to work on in the future. On stages with platforms though, just work on platform movement because wavelands are incredibly helpful. Plus Doc gets so much mileage off of grabs it's just dumb.

P.S. Be sure to return the favor to your practice partner if he/she asks. Just learn short hop -> laser and let them work on the power shielding game.

P.P.S. Powershielding on FD gets you so much mileage because Doc has a chaingrab on the space animals that is fairly easy to start around 30% if I remember correctly. As "unfun" as that may be, it can get the W so it is something to practice.

Top Bottom