• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I approach and recover

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
a Luigi?!?!?! my friend is nairing the crap out of me. and when i recover, he WD backwards, fireballs into the stage so it angles it and hits me, or if that misses, he bairs me. Help me please with your advice while I read Linguinis guild to matchups.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
Your Dairs should **** Luigi, and i'm pretty sure Dair Out-Prioritizes Luigis nair. If you ever think he is going to Nair you, pull out your own Nair or Dair him.

Recovery - I would suggest that you add a uair when jumping. It will most likely destroy the Fireball. Be cautios when doing it to the back air, because you will mostly get hit.

EazyP

Smash Ace
I play Luigi and Ganon so, lets see

Luigi is running everywhere holy crap he is like a hyper active mouse with an extremely hardcore tech chase thanks to his wd and tornado. You have to keep in mind that his recovery is CRAP so knock him off and go for the edgegaurds, not to mention the knockback you'll do to him off a bair, or fair will be crazy

You're going to want to shffle your bair's and fair's like a monkey when he comes at you, the nair has more priority than you can ever imagine, and since he has a fast recovery don't try and go for long combos since most Luigi's will just smash Nair to stop whatever you're doing

Luigi will be going for grabs so keep him away from you. Do EVERYTHING in your power to knock him off the stage, once he's there he's pretty screwed, moreso if he doesn't use the down b recovery. The worse position he can be in is under the stage without a jump so try and get him there with your reverse, uairs

Just get used to playing the Luigi, it's a very weird character, no other is really like him (which is what makes it so fun)

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
thanks guys, i played my friend after class and i destroyed his luigi this time. ty and to eazyP, come smash with us sometime. we play in alemeda sometimes.

EazyP

Smash Ace
Good to hear, but don't think you'll get my Luigi so easy with that

When you play in Alemeda hit me up and I'll see if I had work or whatever, I'll bring the boys (it's that kinda party right?)

Top Bottom