• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do fight Pikachu?

Zydro

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zydro21
3DS FC
5198-2605-2089
The main matchup I strugle with while playing Dark pit is pikachu, and i was wondering if anyone had any tips for the matchup. Thanks in advance!

KashKey

Smash Cadet
NNID
KashKey
OOOOH, Pikachu, that's a character I had a really hard struggle with at one point during 1.1.3, shame that replay is dead, but anyway. This is going off memory from 2 patches ago, so bear with me here, but I'm going to start off by saying, your Ariel maneuverability and combat, are the Bain of any Pikachu's existence, get them in the air, then don't let them back on the ground, while it's not the safest, if you get a good string going and keep it Rollin, they'll have a hard time breaking out at early percentages. During later game? Idk, to be honest.

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
The main matchup I strugle with while playing Dark pit is pikachu, and i was wondering if anyone had any tips for the matchup. Thanks in advance!
For Pikachus that are quick attack heavy you'll need to do lots of down smashes. Lots of them. Shield the quick attack and down smash out of shield. Also nair. Lots of nair which also beats quick attack. Don't be too anxious on approaching. Take your time. For Pickachus that spam thunder jolt I would walk and powershield. And mix up that with jumping over them and approaching slowly.

Walba

Smash Rookie
My advice there is a lot of dash attack -> nair, and as KashKay said don't let Pikachu land, use nair, usmash or uair are the most useful tools. I'd use a lot of fair and bair too, since I consider his aerial game to be strong, so you can rack up % bit by bit. Your downb can be useful, though I've never used it against him, to cover his b or some aerials, making sure he can't punish that ending lag.

Top Bottom