• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How different is Diddy's new banana toss?

Akzomp

Smash Cadet
NNID
AKG_Akzomp
giphy.gif

As you may have noticed, Diddy Kong has a slightly different Down-B animation this time around, and several players in my community have noted that it may actually be a bit slower than it was in the previous games. It seems as if Diddy takes his time pulling the banana, mostly around the initial few frames. This may be due to the animation being something we haven't gotten used to seeing yet and is just a mere illusion, but it is possible that it was slowed a little. We also don't know anything about the properties of the move, such as B-reversibility and lag, and it is too early to tell if the move was slightly nerfed or not. Until we are able to see more Diddy gameplay footage aside from the clips on Ultimate's website, we can only speculate.

What do y'all think?

(NOTE: The GIF likely plays slower than the video it was taken of, but the visualization is there.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The animation isn't slower, he just seems to throw the banana higher, which is still possible to do in Brawl and Smash 4.

Anyway, glide toss is back, we gonna be GOOD. :ultdiddy:

Akzomp

Smash Cadet
NNID
AKG_Akzomp
The animation isn't slower, he just seems to throw the banana higher, which is still possible to do in Brawl and Smash 4.

Anyway, glide toss is back, we gonna be GOOD. :ultdiddy:
I feel like the first portion of the animation is a bit slower (before the banana is out when the animation begins). This is what I was referencing. And yeah, we don't know yet about the toss heights.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
From my understanding, the banana can now hit an enemy twice. The first time isn't "used" like in Smash 4 and Brawl. Can anyone confirm?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
At the very least it doesn't dissapear when people trip over it. It seems buffed a little. Might be off topic, but I heard D Tilt > U Smash is now dead (R.I.P. cause this was a cool ass combo)? Can anyone confirm that? N Air seems way buffed by the way, and that's amazing.

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
From my understanding, the banana can now hit an enemy twice. The first time isn't "used" like in Smash 4 and Brawl. Can anyone confirm?
Banana in Brawl didn't disappear after one hit, you could hit someone many times with just one banana.

Alexplz

Smash Rookie
I remember Diddy could pull 2 bananas in Brawl - was that reduced to 1 at a time in 4?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

ZeRo talking about Diddy's Banana changes here quite early in the video

Alexplz

Smash Rookie
Can someone link an Ultimate guide on how to do the B reverse peanut cancelling shenanigans?

Top Bottom