• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did you come up with your smash tag?

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I've been playing videogames for 20 years now. I didn't have that many different videogames to play back then, so I was forced to repeatedly beat the same games over and over. I'd wind up mastering every mechanic in the game, so I just felt like a gaming master.

Although I mostly just go by VGmasta, my original gamertag is VGmastaRicky. VG stands for videogame, and masta is a cooler way to pronounce the word "master". Ricky is my name in real life.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
When I first decided that I would play competitive smash a year ago, I wanted to have a name with a powerful meaning that was combo-related. When I heard what a ''Fatality'' was in Mortal Kombat. I thought how perfect it is for me since I love doing fancy 0-death combos.

rhan

Smash Hero
My government name is Turhan. Take off the T and the U. There you go.

It's been my nick name since I was 2.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
I used to play Peach. And, I'm from Georgia. I honestly could not think of anything else for my tag at the time. 99% of people just called me by my name when I played, anyway, lol.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Back when I played quake 2 a lot there was a decent player that would alias as "Ace" when he would occasionally cheat with wall hacks and auto aim. He would always deny it despite knowing how obvious he was being, ****** everyone and spamming binds like "Aced." and "ACED IDIOT x-|-<" while talking mad ****. I thought it was hilarious and used this tag in melee. It stuck lol

RikA2BS

Smash Rookie
NNID
rikandroid
3DS FC
3454-0497-7188
i had a youtube channel with a stupidly long URL (animationstobesoon), so i shortened it and hayo
the rik part is a pseudonym i used for DeviantArt

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
Because my Youtube channel is called MegaCthulhu and just used "Cthulhu_MD" because I'd like to think Cthulhu would have a PhD in Psychiatry.

dzmt

Smash Rookie
dzmt
used to be my graffiti tag then decided to use it for all purposes of gaming ;]

BlueChicken

Smash Rookie
(There's probably already a thread for this but o wellz)

Just kinda curious about the stories of smasher's tags.

I think mine came from randomly thinking of interesting words a long time ago. I've used it for pretty much everything game related now (melee, brawl, halo, forums, etc). Not the most interesting reason ever >.<

I like the reason SAX came up with tho: "your tag's pesticide cuz u exterminate ur opponents right?"

Also cool to think that my olimar pulls up zombie pikmin

:awesome:

So how did every1 else come up with their tags?
:phone:
I watched a video from a smash tuber and they say if someone named BlueChicken comments on the video they will pin it. I made the account and he pinned the post. I woke up the next day with 128 subscribers. I didn't choose my tag, my tag was chosen for me.

tsmfoxmaster

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FGOD#520
My smash tag is Smashfoxgod I used it cause Mango is a god of Fox. Also I like Dragon Ball Super so there was a Fox God of Destruction. I was like I found my Smash tag.

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
Before I got into Smash I was a huge Monster Hunter fan. One of the big monsters that you have to kill is a Kirin, which in essence is a lightning Unicorn. To me, it is the most frustrating thing to kill as early game all of my attacks are deflected which makes killing it a hassle.

Before going off to my first Melee tournament, my brother who accompanied me asked what my tag would be. As I was getting carted AGAIN, I decided on Kirin out of hatred to the horse. The KQP is just my full initials which I use as a tag in game.

Last edited:

Bayou

Smash Rookie
My last name is Bew so I kept thinking of weird ways to pronounce it and realized that Bayou would be cool.

Top Bottom