• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Can I Window any Program?

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, recently I got my video game privileges taken away due to not getting straight A's
(Yes, you can laugh) So that means no Wii or PC games. Now I am however able to use the computer, so I thought maybe i could play some PC games if I was able to close out of them uber-fast on a moments notice. Because Ctrl-Alt-delete is to slow, I thought maybe if I could get the program windowed so that I would be able to close out really fast. Does this sound possible? Even if the program doesn't support windowed-mode, is there a program I could download to be able to window a game?

Any other solutions would be greatly appreciated as well, I'm really want to be able to play some games over my spring break. Thanks.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
what's so funny? Anyway I don't think Win+D will work, it still takes time to minimize right?
Like when I have high computer usage?

Frames

DI
Uh well there's going to be some time no matter what you use. Even if you find a program that minimizes fast, it's still going to take time to minimize if you're having high computer usage.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Try to type out the word 'you' next time. It's only three letters, I'm sure you can figure it out. ;)

Sorry for the bitterness. I had a bad night tonight, and I'm taking it out on SWF. :(

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Are your parents good with computers? If not, you can just minimize the game into the bottom bar and hide it there with other applications (i.e. word, excel, firebox) on. Don't forget to mute the sound too and don't wear headphones or they might get suspicious unless you're listening to some tunes!

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
Alt+Enter is the standard window to fullscreen switcher.

Alt+Tab seems to work as a quick minimize, most of the time, a lot of new games do have the windowed mode option or you can find a workaround looking it up on Google.

Top Bottom