• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can I update project m without losing data

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Hey there! So I put a lot of custom music in my 3.6 beta and I want to update, but I don't wanna delete my customizations, I updated once before without deleting my music but I forgot how to do it, quick reply would be insanely helpful!!

Edit: uh so in 3.6 full, hyrule doesn't have it's classic version when I hold R, same as peaches castle, how can I restore this?

Last edited:

Brisk187

Smash Rookie
If you only added music files to your 3.6 beta build, then backup your current projectm/pf/sound/strm directory and copy its contents into a 3.6 build. If adding music wasn't the only thing you did to your custom build, you will have to do more.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

You can use brawl song manager to export /import music and the titles from one build to another.

Stages will require moving, as would costumes. And the images for those would need to be re added.

I suggest you quickly remove your comments about installing any leaked build, or this will get deleted.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
You can use brawl song manager to export /import music and the titles from one build to another.

Stages will require moving, as would costumes. And the images for those would need to be re added.

I suggest you quickly remove your comments about installing any leaked build, or this will get deleted.
Oh I'm so sorry! I didn't know! I'll remove it quick!

Top Bottom