• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can I up my movement?

Pάρί

Smash Apprentice
My movement as sheik is pretty bad, is there anyway I can make it better / smoother? ( When I was doing the 20XX thing were you are green when you standstill, there was a lot of green in my movement )

Scroll

Smash Ace
I am pretty bad as well, but I am working on it.
This is what I do.
At least once a day I do 10-20 minutes of movement practice in Training Mode.
Turning in place
Run Stops
Trotting
DD
WD
Dash WD
Dash WD Back
WD OoS
Shield Stop WD OoS
WL
Empty Pivots
Shield Pivots
Other Pivot variations
Shield Drops
Ledge Dashes
SH
RNC
Ledge Vanish
Shino Stalling + variations
Moonwalking, Sticky Walking and Charlies

After that I play a match against a lvl 9 CPU with the only goal being running away from him. It's completely ok to keep doing the same thing over and over if it works. Playing intelligently during this exercise is not needed. Auto Pilot away, but try to incorporate all of the above movement ingredients.
You can hit him, but don't follow up. Damage and winning is not part of the exercise.
The match ends when he takes your last stock.

Last edited:

Arrestme

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eulogy
I've been wanting to make a thread asking about the art of DDing. & I mean the type of DDing your mother warned u about.

You often see WD's used within the DDing & almost as often as their # of turns. One solid reason is to pick up speed back into another dash once the first dries up. Then I see pivots thrown in to intentionally keep momentum going right out of it with a backward WD. All these thrown into & you see what these top players who practice can do in a jam.

Casual play wise WD's are first & keep their fun factor almost indefinitely. I'd say past that stage is this advanced DDing. Think of it like Shino-stalling on land, but no invincibility. Super precise directional discipline, & would be cool if somebody shined more line on the usefulness of these 3+ things together (DD/WD/Pivot/?). I don't need speculation or theory, but particularly useful or tricky combos of those things. It would go a longgg way toward being incorporating into my gameplay.

If somebody who can utilize all those things at the time to move around, I'm begging for them to write up a "trial". Something that translates into great momentum conserving & maneuverability (/points & prays @ Scroll Scroll ) :D.

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
I've been wanting to make a thread asking about the art of DDing. & I mean the type of DDing your mother warned u about.

You often see WD's used within the DDing & almost as often as their # of turns. One solid reason is to pick up speed back into another dash once the first dries up. Then I see pivots thrown in to intentionally keep momentum going right out of it with a backward WD. All these thrown into & you see what these top players who practice can do in a jam.

Casual play wise WD's are first & keep their fun factor almost indefinitely. I'd say past that stage is this advanced DDing. Think of it like Shino-stalling on land, but no invincibility. Super precise directional discipline, & would be cool if somebody shined more line on the usefulness of these 3+ things together (DD/WD/Pivot/?). I don't need speculation or theory, but particularly useful or tricky combos of those things. It would go a longgg way toward being incorporating into my gameplay.

If somebody who can utilize all those things at the time to move around, I'm begging for them to write up a "trial". Something that translates into great momentum conserving & maneuverability (/points & prays @ Scroll Scroll ) :D.
I loved that last line man. Thanks for the shoutout.
I am so far from where I wanna be with control. Gimme another few years :)
I'll happily put together a whole movement trial series when I am ready.
Atm I am still struggling with WD since my switch to Claw and a complete makeover on techniques and I just recently started working on Pivots.
I think your idea is great and I can probably already start working on the project

Top Bottom