• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can I practice sheik chaingrabs on my own?

A4k1ng

Smash Rookie
I want to practice doing shieks chaingrab on shiek, captain falcon, etc but im not sure how I can practice it on my own and get my opponent to DI in different ways. I have 20xx btw

A4k1ng

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure the CPUs already DI and tech randomly. I just practice reaction tech chasing on like lvl 5 Foxes and Flacos.
Really? It seems like they do no DI for me until they get to high percent then just go a random direction once or twice

Poccoishere

Smash Cadet
Grab Ganon, Pikachu, or Sheik go to fd; have fun.

Edit: For tech-chase take C.Falcon(fox and falco are odd to tech chase in 20xx because they commonly shine after a tech making it slightly easier even if you are late).

Last edited:

rye_un

Smash Cadet
Sorry but you're suppose to be able to grab them before they even shine. That's what makes tech chaseing fox and falco pretty hard.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Really? It seems like they do no DI for me until they get to high percent then just go a random direction once or twice
Make sure you're using the P2 CPU, otherwise they'll have their default AI and DI the same way every time. 20XX has P2 CPU pick random DI/getup options regardless of % or level.

Last edited:
Top Bottom