• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can I improve in smash 4?

SimplyKenny

Smash Rookie
Hey guys this is like my 2nd or 1st post and I was wondering, how can you improve in smash 4? I don't know if this is a bad thing but I been playing melee and I can beat most people in it in this smash club that runned in my high school like I know the advanced techniques and stuff but in smash 4 I can't really win a game and its just so slow compared to melee, No L canceling like stuff like just how can I adapt my skills to this game?

KirbCider

Smash Ace
You'll get better by simply playing the game and adjusting to it through time.

That is how I felt when Brawl first came out. It felt so different compared to Melee which I was used to playing so much of at the time; however the more I played Brawl the more adjusted I became to the new changes. Same can be said for Sm4sh U as well. Point is, each game has some varying differences which are more noticeable than others depending on which game you're used to playing.

Making a transition from one to the other can be a little difficult, especially if you're used to Melee but you will adjust through time.

You could always try finding some combo videos for the characters you play as/want to play as and how they're played out in this version. On top of the game playing out a little differently a lot of the characters will too due to buffs and nerfs since the previous games.

SimplyKenny

Smash Rookie
You'll get better by simply playing the game and adjusting to it through time.

That is how I felt when Brawl first came out. It felt so different compared to Melee which I was used to playing so much of at the time; however the more I played Brawl the more adjusted I became to the new changes. Same can be said for Sm4sh U as well. Point is, each game has some varying differences which are more noticeable than others depending on which game you're used to playing.

Making a transition from one to the other can be a little difficult, especially if you're used to Melee but you will adjust through time.

You could always try finding some combo videos for the characters you play as/want to play as and how they're played out in this version. On top of the game playing out a little differently a lot of the characters will too due to buffs and nerfs since the previous games.
alright, ty

Top Bottom